RiRa's Burned Up

monsoon

Not sure if I spelled it right but sounds as if someone threw a ciggie (or rather smoking materials) into a trashcan inside the Irish Pub on Tryon St. and it eventually caught fire and burned up the inside of the restaurant. It is closed until further notice. Some of the wood fixtures might be difficult to replace. Wonder if they supported the smoking ban in restaurants or not.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fire caused approx $1 million in damages... I hope that they had some good insurance on this place. I watched the news and it was odd (at least to me) that for this amount of damage, the outside street side portion didn't look damaged.

The fire caused approx $1 million in damages... I hope that they had some good insurance on this place. I watched the news and it was odd (at least to me) that for this amount of damage, the outside street side portion didn't look damaged.

hopefully RiRa's re-opens soon. Although I don't go anymore, but it was favorite hangout on Friday night when I moved to the Queen City city in 1997. Too bad they can't find the moron who tossed the ciggie in the can (if that's what happened) and stick him/her with the bill.

hopefully RiRa's re-opens soon. Although I don't go anymore, but it was favorite hangout on Friday night when I moved to the Queen City city in 1997. Too bad they can't find the moron who tossed the ciggie in the can (if that's what happened) and stick him/her with the bill.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not care for RiRa after the hostess carelessly told me that my friend who made a reservation never showed up. Apparently he was there waiting for me and I was told he wasn't there.....go figure. I never went back to that place again.

I spoke to a girl at RiRa's booth at the Taste of Charlotte this past Sat...I think she told me that it would be Sept or Oct b4 they would open...they were taking people's email to invite us all to a grand reopening party...RiRa was my favorite Uptown Bar when I first moved here, though it's been about a year since I've been there w/ all the other places that have recently opened.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The British pub Big Ben on Providence in Myers Park burned down last night - they called it a total loss. I only ate there a few times for lunch, but they had excellent British food and as I recall, a pretty nice beer selection too. Hopefully they re-open, but that will obviously take some time since they will probably have to demo what's left of the building and start again from scratch.

The British pub Big Ben on Providence in Myers Park burned down last night - they called it a total loss. I only ate there a few times for lunch, but they had excellent British food and as I recall, a pretty nice beer selection too. Hopefully they re-open, but that will obviously take some time since they will probably have to demo what's left of the building and start again from scratch.

Archived