Questions about the UAE

darkknight

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abu dhabi is the richest emirate!! Then comes dubai!! The others with the exception of sharjah hasnt started opening up completely and exploiting the boom!!

Abu dhabi has oil!! Dubai has trade with its iconic port and real estate and tourism!! The other emirates dont have much of the needed natural resources or the drive at the moment!! But some of the northern emirates are good for natural beauty!! They are good in their own ways preserving the culture of the country!!

Cheers!!

:D

Abu dhabi is more conservative!! They have till now only bothered about constructing residential highrises!! Hence the dense skyline of abu dhabi!!! But now they have slowly opening up! They are building a massive theme park on a man made island off the abu dhabi corniche!! They are getting their own 7 star hotel and so on!! Ill get some pics of abu dhabi soon!!

Cheers

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[email protected]Population of Dubai is around 1 million , however, it is expected , according to a meeting I had with Bin Dismal, (CEO of Dubai Land) , population of dubai is to reach 3 million by 2006, and 6 million by 2010,

Population if Abu Dhabi is around 1.2 Million ,

The Government system in the UAE is similar to the royal system

if the President (Sheik) dies, his son will take over, and so on, unless other wise indicated, such as the case in Dubai, where the brother is the crown prince not the son,

Abu Dhabi, has always been very conservative towards open policies, but it has recently realized that it has to open up (like dubai) in order to keep up , and like it was mentioned earlier, it has started to develop some new project, and the latest Move down by the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Mohmd Bin Zayed, was to start a company that is similar to Emmar (Dubai) , called AL Dar, and according to local newspapers, the capital of this company is to reach approx. 580 Billion Dirhams, which is around 157 Billion USD , pretty big.

and like Dark Night said, Abui dhabi is the richest, but its main income is coming from Oil, so its very oil dependant,

however, Dubai's oil income only represents 15% or less of its annual income, so Dubai is less reliant on Oil, could be better for the long run

in relation to another forum, according to Bin Dismal (mentioned above) he said that the cost of Dubai land has reached around 9.5 Billion Dollars so far, with a complete date (phase 4) in 2020 ,

Also Burj Dubai, according to sources from people who work for Emmar is to be around 180 floors high,

back to Dubai land, it is competing with Burj Dubai, for the title of the World's Largest mall , Dubai Mall vs. Mall of Arabia

also to add to the Dubai Land project, it has smaller worlds:

Underwater World

Equastrian World

Snow World

Legends of Arabia World

Golf World

Flee Market World

The DownTown

Sports City

Space World

Aviation World

Bio World

Theme Park ( dont know the name)

Jebel Ali Airport (actual airport, linking the port to the airport)

Global Village

Arabian Ranches and other residential projects

in addition to many more, i dont recall them,

here are some pics for those of you who were asking for pics of Abu Dhabi

http://www.uae.gov.ae/images/abud3.gif

http://www.the-dgl.co.uk/specials/images/l...Abu%20Dhabi.jpg

finally in the words of Shiek Mohmd Bin Rashib Al Maktoum, "What we have accomplished in Dubai, isn't 10% of the vision that i have planned for it"

• 2 months later...

Darknight, this is a totally legitimate question. I was born to Jewish parents, but married a nice Catholic girl. I converted to Catholicism, but I still have a Jewish sounding last name. I'm not embarassed of my Jewish heritage, I just don't have a big connection to Judaism. When I was younger we did visit Israel for a few days, but I have a new passport and it doesn't have the Israeli stamp. How would I be treated in Dubai? Should I not mention my Jewish upbringing? I just want a few answers, because Dubai has become a major city in the world and I would like to know if I have the chance to go there someday, will I be allowed? Also, does Dubai allow Catholics to attend Mass? I'm assuming that there is a large Catholic expatriate community there so there must be a priest who can perform Mass weekly, at least? If you feel more comfortable answering me in a private message, which I assume they have on this website, please feel free to do so.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yep there are lots of poor people, who do u think builds these projects (actualyl build them, as in labours)

theses labours have a monthly salary of not more than 300 dollars , and slave away a minimum of 6 days a week 10 hours a day

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well that explains the rapid growth of the skylines of third-world cities! =)

well that explains the rapid growth of the skylines of third-world cities! =)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea, thats not the only factor, and its not the major factor, we are still talkig about billions and billions of dollars being spent on these massive projects , there is still lots of money in this region, also alot of international interest in this region, which cause people from all over the world to invest here, and implemented policies in dubai, also encourage foreign investment, so it all comes in together

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have question.

As a female, if I was to visit or live part time in Dubai, would I be required to wear traditional garb. How strict are the traditions in the UAE. In Saudi Arabia they are pretty traditional. Is it the same in Dubai or UAE?

:lol: its pretty funnny, no offence, but no dont you worry, the UAE is just any other place in Europe of North America, you have wear what ever you want, as long as its with in reason (as in not naked) which i think applies to european contries and north american as well, so no worries

for example. go to http://www.mumtazz.com/dubai/gallery.php?ptid=2827

these are some pics from peppermint club in Dubai , just to get an idea

and ur right, saudi is totally different from ... well anywhere else in the world

• 5 weeks later...

I was just wondering if anyone knows the situation regarding Jebel Ali Village and the area surrounding it, I have seen that there is a topic on the Jebel Ali Airport City and I was wondering what are they going to do to Jebel Ali Village and the Gardens. Over the past few years the the Gardens have been growing and growing, also the new big shopping mall has just opened right next to it, whilst Jebel Ali Village has a huge expat community and it has been going strong since the early 80's if not earlier. It says that the Airport city is going to cover something like 140km of land!!! Jebel Ali Village is a small Village in the area right next to where the Airport City is being built. Jebel Ali Village holds many special memories for me as I moved there at the age of three and lived there for over 16 years and I just want to know if anyone knows what is going to happen.

Archived