IN PROGRESS: The Box Office

I didn't see any posts about this project yet, I apologize if it's already been mentioned:

The Box Office

The user comments are pretty scathing, as is typical with the online Journal readers. It's the negativity that often gets mentioned here on UP, something we need to get rid of by attracting new people to the state, and keeping college grads here!

So what if you don't like the architectural style - it's different for the city, it's better than an abandoned overgrown lot, and it displays some environmentally-conscious design.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't see any posts about this project yet, I apologize if it's already been mentioned:

The Box Office

The user comments are pretty scathing, as is typical with the online Journal readers. It's the negativity that often gets mentioned here on UP, something we need to get rid of by attracting new people to the state, and keeping college grads here!

So what if you don't like the architectural style - it's different for the city, it's better than an abandoned overgrown lot, and it displays some environmentally-conscious design.

I'm surprised people are upset by the architecture given where it is - I had just assumed that lot would be vacant indefinitely. The funny thing is that they probably could have put up some faceless steel industrial building and no one would have said anything.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I happened to be driving down the 6/10 today and was surprised to see a container flying through the air. So, I jumped off the highway to watch them place a few more containers. I spoke to Peter Case (Developer) and he said. " The crews are planning on placing all of the containers over the next few days.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone know how long it will be to finish this "thing?" I hope they have plans to paint the whole thing one solid color and landscape the perimeter. This thing had better be LEED certified as a tradeoff for its... (how do I put this...) architectural insignificance. But it isn't done yet so I have hope it will come out looking ten times better than the tin can with the American flag graffiti which it replaces.

Looking forward to summer!

Archived