Zoning at Davie & Friendly

crowe1856

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You beat me to it. I was downtown tonight and saw the zoning sign on Elm. The zoning case number is Z-09-06-002. I looked at the zoning website but the agenda for the meeting isn't posted yet.

I googled "Davie Friendly Downtown Greensboro" and got back results about Kotis Properties and the buildings across from the Davie Street parking deck (where Rumba Latina used to be).

post-22919-1243483113_thumb.jpg

As you can see, the photo used to diagram the site is relatively recent (Center Pointe looks completed). One website states, "Planned renovation/new construction on corner of Davie Street and Friendly Avenue. First floor retail with second floor office and roof top terrace. Property as is can be leased as well: 4,000 SF @ $15/SF NNN, 10,260 SF @ $10/SF NNN, and/or 2,460 SF @ $15/SF NNN." Here's the link

post-22919-1243483353_thumb.jpg

Here's the link to the listing on Kotis' website.

What do you guys think? I don't want to get overworked for no good reason. But this looks really promising.

post-22919-1243483113_thumb.jpg

post-22919-1243483353_thumb.jpg

Cool! Lets hope we hear something soon. Good work!

Kind of surprising rezoning is in order though. I would have thought that property would already be zoned accordingly for most projects.

Oh looking at the first pic beyonce posted makes me cringe a bit thinking about what "urban renewal" did to that area. That large surface parking lot just one block off Elm has been a killer on that stretch of Davie. Adding a building or two to the front of that lot facing Davie would really help to bring that street into the mix.

Cool! Lets hope we hear something soon. Good work!

Kind of surprising rezoning is in order though. I would have thought that property would already be zoned accordingly for most projects.

Oh looking at the first pic beyonce posted makes me cringe a bit thinking about what "urban renewal" did to that area. That large surface parking lot just one block off Elm has been a killer on that stretch of Davie. Adding a building or two to the front of that lot facing Davie would really help to bring that street into the mix.

We may have rushed it a bit. the agenda for the next zoning commission meeting is out. the zoning case number I referenced refers to "West of Murrow Boulevard, south of Fisher Avenue, east of the Atlantic and Yadkin Railway tracks and north of Bragg Street (Downtown Greensboro)

Archived