Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nitro

KLQ for WBBL?

22 posts in this topic

They pull KLQ off of the air for WBBL, what a joke. I guess Huge was too big just to fit on the AM dial. Goodbye decent rock station.

More info on WOODTV. KLQ sucked, but it was still one of the least-suck-y stations around, if that's saying anything.

More info on WOODTV. KLQ sucked, but it was still one of the least-suck-y stations around, if that's saying anything.

Exactly, it was the best of the worst. Now we have less than that. I still prefer internet radio but that doesn't come in handy in the car.

I like 96.1 MAX FM. :dontknow:

I just think the comments saying that it was Bible thumpers and Christians who made this decision.

I haven't listened to KLQ since Stern was yanked off the air. (so, high school) I thought it was still on 94.5 tbh.

I'm kind of excited for the change being a sports fan. The sound quality on FM sounds great compared to 1340 on AM.

I just think the comments saying that it was Bible thumpers and Christians who made this decision.

The only two stations I listen to anymore are WYCE on FM 88.1 and the NPR station on FM 88.5. Other than that its internet radio.

The only two stations I listen to anymore are WYCE on FM 88.1 and the NPR station on FM 88.5. Other than that its internet radio.

isnt NPR 104.1??

if not, what the hell have I been listening to!!! :unsure:

104.1 is the local repeater for WUOM, broadcasting out of Ann Arbor. Sometimes the focus is a little off, like when they accept a day sponsorship on a Saturday in November and it's a message from someone who apparently lives in Ohio.

89.1 is Blue Lake public radio, with NPR's newscasts, Prairie Home Companion, a great line-up if you are ever home on a "Michigan Saturday Night." (That's the name of the show that follows Garrison, and the girl group playing & singing that tune are long-time buddies of mine from the D.)

Our local NPR affiliate, WGVU, is at 1480 AM and 88.5 FM.

And don't forget 'YCE, 88.1, with no newscasts.

On a clear night I can pick up WKAR (East Lansing, 89.5) and sometimes the CMU station (forget the frequency).

HTH

104.1 is the local repeater for WUOM, broadcasting out of Ann Arbor. Sometimes the focus is a little off, like when they accept a day sponsorship on a Saturday in November and it's a message from someone who apparently lives in Ohio.

89.1 is Blue Lake public radio, with NPR's newscasts, Prairie Home Companion, a great line-up if you are ever home on a "Michigan Saturday Night." (That's the name of the show that follows Garrison, and the girl group playing & singing that tune are long-time buddies of mine from the D.)

Our local NPR affiliate, WGVU, is at 1480 AM and 88.5 FM.

And don't forget 'YCE, 88.1, with no newscasts.

On a clear night I can pick up WKAR (East Lansing, 89.5) and sometimes the CMU station (forget the frequency).

HTH

RIP KLQ.

The only radio station I used to listen to. And their "internet radio" only gig is a joke with only providing a 48kbps stream.

48 O_O

I think the lowest I've ever listened to was 96, and that was a year ago, now I only listen to 192 and 256kbps stations.

And here is the crappy thing. KLQ changed to sports because they found out Radio X (96.1) was changing to ESPN radio. So basically, two music stations are history. 96.1 probably was the best station on the dial for alternative music. It will be gone within the month from VERY reliable resources. WKLQ found out and beat them to the punch. But the change is inevitable....

Joe

And here is the crappy thing. KLQ changed to sports because they found out Radio X (96.1) was changing to ESPN radio. So basically, two music stations are history. 96.1 probably was the best station on the dial for alternative music. It will be gone within the month from VERY reliable resources. WKLQ found out and beat them to the punch. But the change is inevitable....

Joe

Joe