Vince's Seafood South

My wife and i just got away from Vince's Seafood South.

I say got away because we couldn't run fast enough.

Don't get me wrong, the young lady who waited on us Gina, was excellent.

We later recommended that she go to Longhorn Steakhouse and speak to the GM (a friend of ours by the way) about a job.

She would do a fine job there and would make more money for certain.

Back to the critique of Vince's.

The potato was cold. The portions were tiny. The floor manager was non-existent and the hostesses hung out at the front door.

The computers were amazingly slow to cash out a ticket.

Then there are the oysters on the half shell.

There weren't any.

They don't arrive until next week, when the shuckers should be done training.

Come on. A seafood place in Louisiana that doesn't have oysters?

We hated the food, lack of oysters, management doesn't have a clue on how to run a place of this size.

Vince can run a restaurant out of an old convenience store but he can't hire a qualified team to run a larger location.

Stay away from this place at all costs.

Mudbugger

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My wife and i just got away from Vince's Seafood South.

I say got away because we couldn't run fast enough.

Don't get me wrong, the young lady who waited on us Gina, was excellent.

We later recommended that she go to Longhorn Steakhouse and speak to the GM (a friend of ours by the way) about a job.

She would do a fine job there and would make more money for certain.

Back to the critique of Vince's.

The potato was cold. The portions were tiny. The floor manager was non-existent and the hostesses hung out at the front door.

The computers were amazingly slow to cash out a ticket.

Then there are the oysters on the half shell.

There weren't any.

They don't arrive until next week, when the shuckers should be done training.

Come on. A seafood place in Louisiana that doesn't have oysters?

We hated the food, lack of oysters, management doesn't have a clue on how to run a place of this size.

Vince can run a restaurant out of an old convenience store but he can't hire a qualified team to run a larger location.

Stay away from this place at all costs.

Mudbugger

I signed up to say I totally agree.

It's a waste of a building - the inside was nice, a mishmash of style, but still a nice place to eat....sadly the food was not. Our friend raved about the chicken fried steak, so we ordered it (afterward we ALL said, "shoulda got the catfish"). I could be wrong, but it tasted like a small cutlet they picked up at Sam's (I've had LOTS better). One of the "sides" was yellow cake - it's just a box cake with canned frosting (belive me if you want good cake, just go to Newk's -- you'll pay more but it's worth it).

I was not impressed at all - the portions were small, not flavored very well (if at all). We had our waitress quit (as in grab her purse and walk out) after taking our drink order. We and the other tables sat and waited a while before someone else came in to take her customers. The waitress was very nice - and we joked about the situation - but no one higher up came out to apologize to anyone. Our waitress comped a side salad, because we asked, but we saw no one else get offered anything in the form of an apology - it was business as usual. Not that I was looking for it, but you'd think they'd want to correct the "totally unprofessional" image the waitress was muttering about as she walked out.

Sadly as much as I hoped someone would make that location work, I won't be back. The crawfish guy in the Exxon station light years better than Vince's.

My wife and i were out yesterday and we stopped in to say hi to our friend AJ at Longhorn Steakhouse.

The conversation eventually steered (hehe steered, like a cow) into talking about the new Vince's.

He said that a couple of other people told him it was bad but now that we mentioned it he really took notice.

We have a set schedule of when we go out to a restaurant, it used to be once a month and now it is once every 6 weeks.

I told him the story and agreed that if you are a seafood restaurant you should at least have oysters ready for consumption,

not to mention the guys to shuck them.

This sad incident (Vince's) reminded us to not try new things, we stay at Longhorn, Carabba's or the occaisional Southfield Grill.

Have a good weekend all,

Mudbugger

Mare, perhaps? If that's the restaurant, it's located near Chianti where Athenian Nights used to be (the nighttime extension to Athenian Delights). Never been, looks a little pricey for my taste. Also, surprisingly, I haven't heard a word about it from anyone.

Archived