Reuniting the Triad

beyonce245

I think Greensboro gets respectable press, and more press than Winston-Salem, due to its convention facilities and the coliseum. Those venues have brought people and events/meetings/concerts into Greensboro that might never would have come otherwise.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's unusual - Greensboro gets less press & recognition than W-S; not so. Greater population; once again yes, but just by a little (and Greensboro does everything necessary to keep that small lead), but that's why more national chains locate to Greensboro, and locate there first rather then W-S (that 30 k since Greensboro's hurried annexation - after that of W-S - to get in just under the moratorium) makes a big differnce. As indicated, the larger coliseum is a factor for sure. But, don't forget that even though the airport is PTI, it's still Greenboro (only) on all airport schedule boards, so how can W-S possibly get any appropriate recognition that way, and which is why I'm sure everyone in Greensboro is all for the aerotropolis thing, which greatly benefits Greensboro, and to a lesser degree Kernersville, and then a couple of bones thrown to W-S.

Well, that's unusual - Greensboro gets less press & recognition than W-S; not so. Greater population; once again yes, but just by a little (and Greensboro does everything necessary to keep that small lead), but that's why more national chains locate to Greensboro, and locate their first rather then W-S (that 30 k since Greensboro's hurried annexation - after that of W-S - to get in just under the moratorium) makes a big differnce. As indicated, the larger coliseum is a factor for sure. But, don't forget that even though the airport is PTI, it's still Greenboro (only) on all aiport schedule boards, so how can W-S possibly get any appropriate recognition that way, and which is why I'm sure everyone in Greensboro is all for the aerotropolis thing, which greatly benefits Greensboro, and to a lesser degree Kernersville, and then a couple of bones thrown to W-S.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss how the Triad can reunite despite a loss of identity and cooperation over the last few decades. It is no secret that there is tension between Winston and Greensboro, as that was my point in the creation of the "Does Jealousy Really Exist in the Triad?" thread over a year ago. I believe that before you fix something, you have to know what isn't working. Anybody who has unresolved feelings about this area and its problems should do a search for that thread but only post in a civil and constructive manner. I will not tolerate bickering and pissing contests between cities as I know there are members on here that are tired of seeing that (me included). Angering other forumers by needling or rehashing old discussions is not what we're aiming for here, and it only continues to perpetuate what exists in a larger sense in the Triad.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss how the Triad can reunite despite a loss of identity and cooperation over the last few decades. It is no secret that there is tension between Winston and Greensboro, as that was my point in the creation of the "Does Jealousy Really Exist in the Triad?" thread over a year ago. I believe that before you fix something, you have to know what isn't working. Anybody who has unresolved feelings about this area and its problems should do a search for that thread but only post in a civil and constructive manner. I will not tolerate bickering and pissing contests between cities as I know there are members on here that are tired of seeing that (me included). Angering other forumers by needling or rehashing old discussions is not what we're aiming for here, and it only continues to perpetuate what exists in a larger sense in the Triad.

Archived