Yeah! Send 'em terrorists to MICHIGAN!

Editorial - Intriguing Use Proposed for UP Prisons - MLive

It's nice to see our newspaper display more sense and pragmatism the our silly little U.S. Congress, with all their ridiculous grandstanding...

If I was a politician from Michigan, I would rail against the idea in order to bilk more money from the government, then sign on to the deal. The UP could have a real racket going here.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think the federal government is paying $0 to keep them where they are?

Despite the rhetoric about "terrorists", I predict there is going to be a big push and competition from a lot of state governments to hold these people in one of their state prisons. There is already a state in the West with an empty prison that has already asked the White House for them.

Do you think the federal government is paying $0 to keep them where they are?

Despite the rhetoric about "terrorists", I predict there is going to be a big push and competition from a lot of state governments to hold these people in one of their state prisons. There is already a state in the West with an empty prison that has already asked the White House for them.

Unitl a half-hour ago I was fine with the idea, after all, Michigan Corrections Officers professionals have assured us they are capable of handling rapists, ax murders, and thugs of all variety however it was just reported that the state will be closing some facilities due to funding issues and the first thing out of the mouth of the union head whose membership will be loosing jobs was 'better lock your doors citizens'.

Guess the 'screws' were not all that professional (and by extention capable) after all, so it's just as well they don't accept additional responsibilites to help insure their employment.

BTW - I should have used the word 'guard', but I love that old Cagney movie term

Archived