How many times do you vist your downtown?

turlough

How many times a month do you visit your downtown?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. How many times a month do you visit your downtown?

• 1-3 times
    • 4-6 times
    • 7-9 times
    • 10-12 times
    • 13-15 times
    • 16-18 times
    • 19-21 times
    • 21-24 times
    • 25-27 times
    • 28-31 times

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest donaltopablo

I use to go a lot, but lately I have not been going down there nearly as often. Just been too busy, hopefully once things settle down for me around here I'll be able to spend more time down in the city.

I used to go on a regular basis, but now I don't because I don't support ideas of the Lakeland Downtown Development Authority. As long as they continue to support not diversifying the CBD, then I will continue taking my minority money to Tampa and Orlando since they're only 30 minutes away.

Since I usually work 13 hour days (well, counting drive time) I don't get to visit it too much, but I try to do all of my shopping near DT so I can at least get a good skyline shot. My favorite viewing place is on Monroe Rd., but I forgot which intersection it is. If you've ever went to DT on Monroe Rd. you know EXACTLY where I'm talking about because the skyline appears HUGE as it engulfs the distance! I do wish I worked DT though. 8-(

I used to work right in the middle of downtown Richmond, for Sovran Bank/NationsBank/BofA, so I was there everyday for almost two years. Now I work way out in the 'burbs, but I still make one trip a month downtown to go to my barber. I sure do miss working downtown.

• 4 weeks later...

Like many people, I drive right through uptown Charlotte twice a day on my way to and from work (3rd St or 4th St), because I hate driving on the freeways. My in-town route is actually a smaller distance than I-77.

I probably see downtown Raleigh about 3 or 4 times a month, usually it's just a drive by (cutting through to Capitol Blvd), but lately I've been taking it slow and looking at the Progress. Get it? Progress? Oh, I crack me up. Pardon the pun.

("Progress" as in Progress Energy, for those who find my humor just a tad too dry)

I go to downtown Flint about 5 or 6 times per month. I'd go more, but there isn't anything to do up there. All the stores & restaurants have closed. It is dead...deader than any other downtown I've ever seen. The only people there are the drug dealers. Other than that, activity there is at a minimum. I go to downtown Detroit about 3 times per month - certainly not as much as I'd like. The problem is that it's 60 miles away from my house, so with the traffic it can take up to 2 hours to get there - 3 in the winter.

I actually went downtown today  :) .  Except I didn't have enough money for parking  :( , so I didn't get any pics.  I'm hoping to go back later today or next weekend...and I'll make sure to get pics then.

There is free parking at 7th St Station....you also get free parking at most decks if you grab a bite to eat at one of the restarants and get your ticket validated.

There is free parking at 7th St Station....you also get free parking at most decks if you grab a bite to eat at one of the restarants and get your ticket validated.

I think you're thinking of different downtown ;) . I live in the Detroit metro (actually 60 miles away from Detroit, so really closer to Flint). The parking in downtown Flint doesn't appear to be free on weekends anymore - it used to be, but I guess the city changed that when they realized that they were running a $50 million budget deficit. I could've parked for free in one of the abandoned buildings' parking garages, but that's not exactly the safest thing to do in Flint. It's too bad I didn't have any change for parking - today was a great day for photos - a rare cloudless Michigan day.

No, I haven't seen Michael Moore personally, but some of my friends have. A lot of the people around here hate him because of the way he portrays Flint in his films. Unfortuately most of it's true - All the abandoned houses...fields in the middle of the city...a 20% unemployment rate. GM leaving has devastated the economy in the city. GM is still downsizing, and GM's suppliers are also moving out of Flint. Downtown is actually looking pretty good these days. Some older buildings have been restored; others are being renovated as lofts. And there is a streetscape improvement that's currently taking place. I'll get some pics of it all next weekend. The ultimate Flint thread...although I don't know if I dare venture very far north of the Flint River - it's among the poorest & most dangerous areas in the state.

Part of the movie Roger and Me was filmed right outside the entrance to my subdivision. And there are also some times where you can see the old high school. I haven't seen Pets or Meat in a while, but I'm sure some of that was also filmed in my city, even though most of it was filmed in the city of Flint.

I go at least 25 times- I take my girlfriend to school to GA State. I live in Grant Park which is about a mile away at most. On weekends I ride my bike into downtown because traffic is lighter- somewhat. I could take some great pictures

-views rarely seen because when your in a car scenes go by too fast ( and the other distracted drivers)- but I don't have a digital camera. Sometimes walking can be a hassle with all the bums but that is starting to change.

Archived