How many times do you vist your downtown?

turlough

How many times a month do you visit your downtown?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. How many times a month do you visit your downtown?

• 1-3 times
    • 4-6 times
    • 7-9 times
    • 10-12 times
    • 13-15 times
    • 16-18 times
    • 19-21 times
    • 21-24 times
    • 25-27 times
    • 28-31 times

I go often, When I was a little kid I went like almost everyday with my dad but now, I go every so often I was just in downtwn the other night in a 40 story building I was on the 19 floor but I looked out the window this but it was new to me anyway I looked out a window and I saw lights for miles it was awesome seemed it was would never end was new to me because I have never been at night. Downtown is so congested in the day but at night it's a ghost town.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in my downtown, too, and like atlrvr I hardly ever go out into the burbs. In fact, the only time I went into the main 'burb, Brandon, in 2004, a motorcyclist ran into my car. Reason enough never to go back there, eh?

I try to make a point of patronizing downtown businesses as often as I can, but since I actually work away from downtown I'm not often here during the day to do so.

I also rarely go out to the suburbs unless I need something from a specific store that isn't available downtown. That usually means clothing or electronics. I had some friends come to Columbia for a concert and they were asking me where something was out in the suburbs and I didn't know. They said "I thought you lived here!?" It tooke me a minute to explain that I hardly ever go out to the suburban areas. Central Columbia has almost everything I need.

I also rarely go out to the suburbs unless I need something from a specific store that isn't available downtown. That usually means clothing or electronics.  I had some friends come to Columbia for a concert and they were asking me where something was out in the suburbs and I didn't know. They said "I thought you lived here!?" It tooke me a minute to explain that I hardly ever go out to the suburban areas. Central Columbia has almost everything I need.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. I work downtown and live on the edge of downtown so I only go out to the suburbs a couple of times a month.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i live out in the country hills of tallahassee florida. I have to drive through downtown every day to get to fsu's campus. it is enjoyable when traffic is moving, but once it locks up (which can happen with any small incident) it turns into an oven this time of year. soon, we will have residence, i would love to be in that tax bracket.

• 3 months later...

Archived