June 3, 2009 Greensboro Flooding

DigitalSky

Yesterday on June 03, 2009 many parts of Greensboro received unusually heavy amounts of rainfall... Northeast Greensboro/Highway 29 especially and then also the UNCG area, Downtown Greensboro even and the usually-prone Lindley Park. On top of all the rain we've gotten recently so far, it's absolutely crazy! What's the report from where you are?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yesterday on June 03, 2009 many parts of Greensboro received unusually heavy amounts of rainfall... Northeast Greensboro/Highway 29 especially and then also the UNCG area, Downtown Greensboro even and the usually-prone Lindley Park. On top of all the rain we've gotten recently so far, it's absolutely crazy! What's the report from where you are?

it was the worst flooding I've ever seen in Greensboro. Areas that were never flooded before was covered in water. There was one fatality due to the flood and some areas the water completely covered cars. There was flood damage in at least 6 UNCG buildings. Latham Park, which is notorious for flooding looked like a lake. Roads everywhere were blocked off.

I live in McLeansville within walking distance of Northeast High School. My house didn't get much damage, but there are a few dings on the front of my car from the hail, a tree limb fell off one of our trees, and we were without power from about 6:30 PM to about 10:30 PM. Our backyard looked like a small river and we rarely ever flood!

Archived