Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gman430

Upstate Exchange

6 posts in this topic

Located along I-85 (65,000 vpd) at HWY 9 (27,000 vpd) in Spartanburg, SC, the Upstate Exchange will be a 500,000 s.f. Power Center serving all of Spartanburg County and the entire South Carolina Upstate Region. The project's strategic central location offers not only Spartanburg County residents, but also residents from neighboring Cherokee County (population of 55,000+), and nearby Southwestern NC, a regional shopping and entertainment destination that can be conveniently accessed via I-85. With a Trade Area of over 200,000 people, Upstate Exchange will provide the rapidly growing region with a "one-stop" shopping experience enhanced by restaurant and entertainment options that have long been desired.

http://www.aigbaker.com/properties/view/upstate-exchange

(no site plan available at this time)

WOW, didn't see that one coming. So these are the guys that developed Cherrydale in Greenville?

Wow, indeed. That's half the size of Westgate Mall! Traffic on Hwy 9 is certainly not going to get any better because of this one... though Boiling Springs is becoming a more autonomous suburb every day it seems.

Wow, indeed. That's half the size of Westgate Mall! Traffic on Hwy 9 is certainly not going to get any better because of this one... though Boiling Springs is becoming a more autonomous suburb every day it seems.

The weak retail environment will most certainly drag this project out for some time. I can't imagine any of the major retail chains save for Target or Wal-Mart making a commitment anytime soon.

l

Well, generally speaking I don't disagree with your statement... Spartanburg County has some pretty atrocious parking requirements and very weak open space requirements, but if they can connect a new street over to USC Upstate and create some other connections with that site then it might not be so bad.