Redevelopment of Allen Tate Offices near South Park

edmundblackadder1999

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burger King and the two newer 2 story buildings next door along Sharon survive, but the old Allentate and all the land along Savings Pl. across from the new apartments and wrapping around to Sharon Rd will become Ashley Park, which the original conceptual sketches are in that Live Oak link nibletodell posted. The lead developer is Pappas Properties. It was supposed to break ground probably 1-2 years ago, but obviously it is on hold for a while. There was originally planned to be office, retail, and about a 12 story hotel.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure.....I believe it is probably just limited to demolition, but it probably indicates that there is some confidence that it will move forward, or I would assume they would be looking at re-leasing the space. They are finishing up the apartments right now. It wouldn't surpise me if they moved forward on the commercial space once the apartments are leased-up.

I'm not sure.....I believe it is probably just limited to demolition, but it probably indicates that there is some confidence that it will move forward, or I would assume they would be looking at re-leasing the space. They are finishing up the apartments right now. It wouldn't surpise me if they moved forward on the commercial space once the apartments are leased-up.

I believe it was actually a condo and hotel tower when conceived. I know that it was at least some hotel, if not 100%. Financing for a tower containing both a condo and hotel doesn't exist anymore. My guess is we will see a 10 story hotel only tower when it finally moves forward, but that is a guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived