OMAHA

NorthStar

Looks like the OKC of the Midwest... However, they do have this terrible ghetto called Council Bluffs. The area along south 75 is also trashy. It gives way to the beatiful, hilly suburbs near Offut AFB, so that must count for something (the suburbs, not the ghetto) .

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:o Dam, I never knew there that Ohama had a 600-footer tower built. But then, that building towers over the rest of the skyline; there's only one 400-500 foot building nearby. This skyline needs a lot more tall buildings to 'balance' the skyline. I guess it's a pretty big city and skyline in the Great Plains. :)

I've been to Colorado Springs, nice mountain city north of Denver. In the Great Plains, however you have to drive looooooong distances between those medium and large cities. Say, there aren't much large cities (one million+) cities in the USA. Ugh, I can't believe I still could manage to get a 3.83 GPA even though I'm on the road for long times.

Well, yeah. Although Texas has the most idiotic plan to make those drive times shorter, superhighways. for christ's sake! I can't believe I'm saying it. A 10 lane highway in the middle of NOWHERE. Tolls will pop up EVERYWHERE, and I 69 will take traffic away from I 35, as it will become the second link from Canada to Mexico. The Great Planes, and the eastern part of the west will undoubtly suffer from lack of traffic on I 35.

Whhhaaaattt? A superhighway? There is simply not enough inhabitants that would use the 10-lane superhighway in the rural parts. It doesn't take a genious to know this fact. Just look at I-5 in the Central Valley (California); it's only a 4-lane interstate! I think the maximum amount of lanes that a rural highway should have is 6 lanes. There's simply not enough people to 'fill up' all the lanes. A 10-lane superhighway is insane;with toll booths everywhere, we would lose the meaning of 'freeway' (most of USA's highways are toll-free). The payback time for the superhighway probably would be decades or longer since not many people would use it. There is no need for the extra lanes, and it would a financial blunder like this highway bridge project. (See my topic and post at the transportation forum for more info on that project.)

• 1 year later...

Wow you guys, going thru these posts, I LOVE Omaha! I totally forgot how cool it really is, what do you think? Do we have any active Omaha Forumers on here, anyone who knows what's going on?

But here's a question, Is Omaha, part of the midwest or the west forum, where should this go?

• 1 year later...
Wow you guys, going thru these posts, I LOVE Omaha! I totally forgot how cool it really is, what do you think? Do we have any active Omaha Forumers on here, anyone who knows what's going on?

But here's a question, Is Omaha, part of the midwest or the west forum, where should this go?

Archived