THE Downtown Market updates

GRDadof3

Grand Traverse Distillery will open up shop in the Downtown Market next month:

http://www.grbj.com/articles/80977-craft-spirits-maker-pours-into-downtown

They say it will be 800 sf and go in by the "eastern door" which I assume is that small vacant space by the taco place? Used to have a small container store in there??

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2014/11/grand_traverse_distillery_to_o.html

I'm a big fan of Slows. Considering the space, the express version would be great. Bundle some BBQ with Field and Fire? Perfect. In regards to the distillery, I'd love a shot of jungle juice before walking home. It's going to be a battle carrying this precious cargo through the hobo gauntlet. All around great news for DTM! 

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of Slows. Considering the space, the express version would be great. Bundle some BBQ with Field and Fire? Perfect. In regards to the distillery, I'd love a shot of jungle juice before walking home. It's going to be a battle carrying this precious cargo through the hobo gauntlet. All around great news for DTM! 

Hobo gauntlet?  Come on...

• Like 1

Are downstairs bathrooms official?  Certainly needed.

Don't know. I would assume that either Slow's or the other restaurant space would have their own restrooms. Aren't they required for a restaurant?

It's a PITA to go upstairs and way to the back to use the restroom.

This floorplan, the most recent I could find, shows bathrooms in the Slow's space (bottom left corner).

15555338547_6be5e2c70c_k.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Feb 23rd, an announcement coming on a new restaurant in the front left space. Locally owned.

The entire area (the defunct cafeteria seating area) or just a portion of that?

What has me scratching my head is that I have not seen one single bit of work on Slow's space...nothing.  I thought they wanted to be open this Spring?

I am surprised too -- doesn't look like its going to happen. The distillery is open, however, but haven't checked it out.

I haven't been by this week but that same person mentioned that Slows was starting the build out today.

The entire area (the defunct cafeteria seating area) or just a portion of that?

I am surprised too -- doesn't look like its going to happen. The distillery is open, however, but haven't checked it out.

Entire space, with bathrooms. :)

What has me scratching my head is that I have not seen one single bit of work on Slow's space...nothing.  I thought they wanted to be open this Spring?

Same person said they had started their build out. I think they were looking for the perfect "team" to run the store here.

I know they had planned on training the head bbq master at the Detroit location. Maybe that's part of the holdup. No reason ever to rush excellent bbq.

I haven't been by this week but that same person mentioned that Slows was starting the build out today.

Entire space, with bathrooms. :)

That's going to fill the market. Impressive. Looking forward to the announcement.

I don't have a guess what it is, but I'll tell you that I tried to grab a quick lunch there at 12:45 and all the food vendors had lines 15 deep.  Good for the vendors, bad for a guy trying to grab a quick lunch.  I cannot imagine how busy it will be when Slows opens and the new "yet to be announced" restaurant.

I don't have a guess what it is, but I'll tell you that I tried to grab a quick lunch there at 12:45 and all the food vendors had lines 15 deep.  Good for the vendors, bad for a guy trying to grab a quick lunch.  I cannot imagine how busy it will be when Slows opens and the new "yet to be announced" restaurant.

They're apparently looking to add more seating for Fish Lads because it's doing so well with its lunches and dinners. You can also have Fish Lads delivered over to Aperitivo apparently? I'm very happy that it has picked up some major traction. They also have commercial space on the third floor too if anyone is looking.

They're apparently looking to add more seating for Fish Lads because it's doing so well with its lunches and dinners. You can also have Fish Lads delivered over to Aperitivo apparently? I'm very happy that it has picked up some major traction. They also have commercial space on the third floor too if anyone is looking.

Jeff, my wife and I go to Aperitivo almost once a week for drinks and we order Fish Lads and have it brought over.  In fact you can eat anything from any vendor at Aperitivo.  Fish Lads is the only one that delivers.  It is our happy place.   :thumbsup: