THE Downtown Market updates

GRDadof3

I am 100 percent positive it's New Holland. The wife of one of the owners has been around town talking about how they where opening up at the Market. :-)

And the downtown market director/president used to work for the city of holland and probably knows those guys well. Probably a pretty good bet. Maybe we should wait for the official word. :) (Suzanne Geha)

And the downtown market director/president used to work for the city of holland and probably knows those guys well. Probably a pretty good bet. Maybe we should wait for the official word. :) (Suzanne Geha)

I bet it comes very soon.  The reason for the renegotiations of the lease terms IMO was for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Two items of interest:
People talking about Grand Rapids;
Chicago Local Beet reports on the Downtown Market with a great article that includes photos:
http://www.thelocalbeet.com/2013/04/22/grand-rapids-bets-big-on-local-foods-with-a-new-year-round-market/

Here is the latest outdoor vender list:
https://downtownmarketgr.wufoo.com/forms/2013-outdoor-market-vendors/

Maybe we really should consider a tunnel from the Market to the Amtrak Station.

Edited by John E

the tunnel is a cool idea, since most of the highways in GR are elevated there is probably less disconnect than if they were sunken but there are some tunnels on the west side although there are no overhead highway pedestrian bridges that you see in other cities, it would be cool to see a landmark one here. 

Does anyone know if they are using solar panels or other sustainable energy in this project?

And those tunnels on the west side aren't always pleasant places to be.

Which is why reconnecting Logan street as a street complete with sidewalks on both sides of the street under US131 is better then a pedestrian tunnel.  It will give pedestrians more visibility making it feel safer.  I'm not sure how this will work with the new Amtrak station though.

the tunnel is a cool idea, since most of the highways in GR are elevated there is probably less disconnect than if they were sunken but there are some tunnels on the west side although there are no overhead highway pedestrian bridges that you see in other cities, it would be cool to see a landmark one here. 

Does anyone know if they are using solar panels or other sustainable energy in this project?

There are some sections of green roofs I believe. I would guess they're aiming or LEED, but most commercial grade projects are designed close to those standards now anyway (locally anyway).