THE Downtown Market updates

GRDadof3

• 2 weeks later...

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. March 2, 2020 – Spectrum Health is excited to move into the Grand Rapids Downtown Market’s teaching kitchen. The second-floor space will continue to be used for culinary medicine classes and will become the future home of a Spectrum Health specialty practice that will focus on lifestyle medicine.

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2020/03/spectrum-health-expanding-culinary-medicine-at-downtown-market-launching-specialty-practice.html

https://newsroom.spectrumhealth.org/lifestyle-medicine-at-spectrum-health-to-launch-at-grand-rapids-downtown-market/

Classes start 3/10.  Pretty cool.  I hope we get some signage fronting the highway :-D

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I am guessing pandemic related? It was a great spot and always a line when I went pre-pandemic. Not surprised about Social Kitchen, went twice, was not a fan and didn't ever seem busy. Hopefully the market can re-energize itself as it comes out of the pandemic. I've certainly increased my visits to the market since the pandemic started... the meat market has been great for all of this stay at home BBQ'ing. 

I feel like price points are going to be an ongoing issue for vendors/restaurants at the market.  Perception is powerful.  With potentially very challenging economic conditions over the near term, how will the potential customers for the market behave?  At the moment, it seems like Tacos el Cunado does significant volume and they have the most approachable price point in the market.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...