Latta Arcade/Brevard Court

7 hours ago, ah59396 said:

UPDATE:

Hooligans has super duper upgraded the interior of the bar.  For one thing, the interior side of their new store face is a nice stained wood, including places to rest your drinks.  They got rid of their broken four tops and replaced them with corrugated steel.  Most importantly, they ripped out the back booth and replaced it with A SPIRAL STAIRCASE, that now takes you to the upstairs bar.  It's really awesome.

Valhalla is currently closed through 2/16 for full-scale renovations.  Knowing KP and his crew, I expect the changes to be significant.

Zablongs (or however you spell it) is open and delicious.  It really changes the dynamic of the alley.  It's very bright inside and kinda brightens up the whole alley way.  They also have far better outdoor seating than the standard crappy old iron mesh table and chairs that have been there since time began.

I love the hooligans renovations and was slightly worried when I saw Valhalla boarded up but I figured it was just renovations (that place does the best business of anything in BC). KP and crew REALLY know what they are doing and definitely took Hooligans to the next level above disgusting dive. I will say, I HATE the metal tables as the plating causes a beer to sit unstable (many-a-spills). 

Brevard Court is really in a new era of awesome....another spot has come available to rent. Seems they're marketing it more towards office but I am definitely hoping for another bar. 

Went to Latta today. He is not there. "Sick" is the named reason.

I have been to shoe repair businesses for polishing and the shoes were manhandled with a machine, seams and stitching ignored and globs of residue. The specialty, single purpose experienced man is best. I say "artist". May you each give reason for others to call you an artist within your field.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:03 AM, Jayvee said:

Hello fellow Brevard Court lovers. New speakeasy style cocktail bar coming to the upstairs of Belfast Mill. So. Much. Potential. 

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/43821/the-cotton-room-belfast-mill/

The Sam Adams Boston Ale signs seem out of place. I would put Guinness, Jamison's, or even OMB signs. If it is Speakeasy style, Dixie Beer or even PBR would be more appropriate than Sam Adams. Just my opinion.

9 minutes ago, caterpillar2 said:

The Sam Adams Boston Ale signs seem out of place. I would put Guinness, Jamison's, or even OMB signs. If it is Speakeasy style, Dixie Beer or even PBR would be more appropriate than Sam Adams. Just my opinion.

Those are all going away. This is leftover from Belfast. The pictures in the article are from it being very much a work in progress 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On April 1, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Jayvee said:

Those are all going away. This is leftover from Belfast. The pictures in the article are from it being very much a work in progress 

The work is coming along very nicely. Love the entire courtyard. Actually had my wedding reception in Belfast and Hooligans upstairs spaces a couple summers ago.

On April 13, 2016 at 8:22 PM, joshuas said:

Actually had my wedding reception in Belfast and Hooligans upstairs spaces a couple summers ago.

That is such an awesome idea. We our engagement photos in some uptown parks and then ended it up with photos in Brevard Court, a few even inside Hooligan's. That had to be a blast...and probably a lot cheaper than what paid at a hotel.

2 hours ago, Jayvee said:

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/46995/cotton-mill-belfast-mill-opens-weekend/

heres a better look at the cotton room. Very happy with the final result. It's exactly what you'd imagine a cocktail bar at brevard court to be 

Everything looks great and the cocktail list has an interesting mix, but that Manhattan is inexplicably expensive given then ingredients. There are numerous other, more elevated versions with higher end bourbon around town for $10-12. Its not like its going to keep me from going but it did jump out as odd.

5 minutes ago, nonillogical said:

Everything looks great and the cocktail list has an interesting mix, but that Manhattan is inexplicably expensive given then ingredients. There are numerous other, more elevated versions with higher end bourbon around town for $10-12. Its not like its going to keep me from going but it did jump out as odd.

Thought the exact same thing. And forgot to ask why while I was there. 

The hibiscus BLT is freaking amazing. I see this place doing really well once word gets out. 

• 2 weeks later...