• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.
UrbanFuture

Latta Arcade/Brevard Court

134 posts in this topic

Maaaaan why you gotta bring that up. Anywho, not salsaritas was in immediate danger of going under but as price for that location continues to rise, they wouldn't be able to keep up. Id much rather have a trendy and well received chain than an empty space that no one local can afford. Also yes, an au Bon pain woulda been sick. 

6 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Oh stop. Salsaritas 1. Isn't that good 2. There's another one in town 3. Wasn't open past lunch hours. 

Beyond that potbelly is an amazing chain and one that's pretty universally loved in every market they are in. 

Think about it this way. You have a wells exec in for the week from NYC. They love potbelly. They go to potbelly Monday, and think wow that was a cool area. They go there and hit the local chains the next day or perhaps even the remainder of the week. Potbelly is big enough to draw in. Infinitely more valuable than a sub standard Mexican "local" chain. 

It's based on principal. So no, I won't stop... Even if Salsarita's isn't Chipotle, it's still a hometown chain that's being replaced by a national one. I'd rather see something more unique in Latta Arcade. 

24 minutes ago, HopHead said:

It's based on principal. So no, I won't stop... Even if Salsarita's isn't Chipotle, it's still a hometown chain that's being replaced by a national one. I'd rather see something more unique in Latta Arcade. 

Potbelly's is unique, quality sandwiches (for those that have been to one, you know this is MILES above which wich, jersey mikes, firehouse, etc) and a sandwich shop doesn't exist in Latta. I don't believe in principal if the product is crap lol. This is a win for the area and the Arcade/Court if for nothing beyond being a crowd draw. If you can't see that, sucks. 

Edited by Jayvee

17 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Potbelly's is unique, quality sandwiches and a sandwich shop doesn't exist in Latta. I don't believe in principal if the product is crap lol. This is a win for the area and the Arcade/Court if for nothing beyond being a crowd draw. If you can't see that, sucks. 

Lol. Well, it doesn't "suck" for me. I'm sure they may great sandwiches based on what people have said... Or as you always like to say "amazing" sandwiches. I would have opted for something else. People can have differing opinions. That was my only point. 

Edited by HopHead

2 minutes ago, HopHead said:

Lol. Well, it doesn't "suck" for me. I'm sure they may great sandwiches based on what people have said... Or as you always like to say "amazing" sandwiches. I would have opted for something else. People can have differing opinions. That was my only point. 

I guess, and sorry to get crotchety, I just look at it from a "city" perspective, and as far as the continued growth of our city goes. This is a very good thing

17 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

I guess, and sorry to get crotchety, I just look at it from a "city" perspective, and as far as the continued growth of our city goes. This is a very good thing

No worries. My better half is the first one to tell anyone that I'm a grouch more often than most.

Something new going into the space next to Pie In The Sky Pizza.  This space has been some pop-ups in the past.  Is this more of the same?  Interesting Sweets/Lunch/Coffee/Clothing/Lounge concept.

20170213_110958_zpszaz8kjfg.jpg

20170213_111010_zpsvvwg27ey.jpg

2 people like this

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:12 PM, grodney said:

Something new going into the space next to Pie In The Sky Pizza.  This space has been some pop-ups in the past.  Is this more of the same?  Interesting Sweets/Lunch/Coffee/Clothing/Lounge concept.

20170213_110958_zpszaz8kjfg.jpg

20170213_111010_zpsvvwg27ey.jpg

So this place is open now.  UP scoops again.  Katie&Katie were actually both right outside the door, LITERALLY having a stare-down.....I hope it doesn't escalate into something more. 

Anyway, they have a sign on their door that says "This is not a pop-up" complete with 3 giant laughing tongue-out emojis.  I'm not fluent in emoji, so I don't know if it's sincere.  $3 cold brew taps.  $3.50 cold-brew bottles.  And, ummmmm, some desserts and some clothes and a couch an a tv.

2 people like this

37 minutes ago, grodney said:

So this place is open now.  UP scoops again.  Katie&Katie were actually both right outside the door, LITERALLY having a stare-down.....I hope it doesn't escalate into something more. 

Anyway, they have a sign on their door that says "This is not a pop-up" complete with 3 giant laughing tongue-out emojis.  I'm not fluent in emoji, so I don't know if it's sincere.  $3 cold brew taps.  $3.50 cold-brew bottles.  And, ummmmm, some desserts and some clothes and a couch an a tv.

Cool!!! Too bad it'll be closed on weekends.....

1 person likes this