Latta Arcade/Brevard Court

Any chance it could be used as overflow space for packed soccer games?

Not too sure about that.  Likely would be under a separate beer/liquor license.

I've heard that Hooligans ownership group is looking for a new location for their bar prior to the next world cup.  I don't think it would mean closing the current location, which is a relief.  But the World Cup is serious bread and butter for them.  And now that 300 S Tryon is u/c, they just lost a space that held 10,000 people.

Don't quote me on that though.

Edited by ah59396

Not too sure about that.  Likely would be under a separate beer/liquor license.

I've heard that Hooligans ownership group is looking for a new location for their bar prior to the next world cup.  I don't think it would mean closing the current location, which is a relief.  But the World Cup is serious bread and butter for them.  And now that 300 S Tryon is u/c, they just lost a space that held 10,000 people.

Don't quote me on that though.

Thank you for the info. I'm very curious about their next moves. My buddies and I have kicked around the idea of how cool it would be if they could somehow get permitting to host the next one in Romare park with the game on BB&T Ballpark's big screen. I'm sure that's unrealistic though since it's not really adjacent the bar and would turn the Big Moon Green into a giant mud hole.

• 2 months later...

Two things, no pics:

1) A new curb cut and blind-person-feely-pad has been installed on the end of Brevard Court for the forthcoming crosswalk.  The Bearden side has paint lines presumably for the same.

2) QCBC has cool* new woodwork on their exterior.  *I know nothing about architecture and design.

Charlotte Agenda has the scoop on QCBC. Looks like it's gonna be pretty sweet

http://www.charlotteagenda.com/4755/inside-scoop-on-queen-city-beer-chili/

QCBC is legit.  The guys were out at a Charlotte Independence game cooking up chili dogs for those of us tailgating.  Both that and JJ's should have the specialty hot dog market (if there is one?? :)) cornered.

AH and I got to see inside QCBC on saturday night.  it's really coming along quite well.  I think the goal is to have more national, harder to find beers on draft (and offer growlers) where as Hooligans offers local brews.  Very, very different type of business than the rest of the places in Brevard.

AH and I got to see inside QCBC on saturday night.  it's really coming along quite well.  I think the goal is to have more national, harder to find beers on draft (and offer growlers) where as Hooligans offers local brews.  Very, very different type of business than the rest of the places in Brevard.

And it smells like cedar deliciousness in there.

• 3 months later...

Well, the old Quiznos space that was going to be Crisp (larger to serve you better) is apparently not going to be Crisp --- construction paper is now up in all the windows.  It looked ready to go as Crisp *months* ago.  Strange.

The space between QCBC and Nefelie's has construction paper up on the windows, presumably the pizza place mentioned up-thread.

Well, the old Quiznos space that was going to be Crisp (larger to serve you better) is apparently not going to be Crisp --- construction paper is now up in all the windows.  It looked ready to go as Crisp *months* ago.  Strange.

The space between QCBC and Nefelie's has construction paper up on the windows, presumably the pizza place mentioned up-thread.

yup the pizza place is a go. And I've been trying to find out what happened to the "crisp expansion" for a while. That's a weird one. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Hooligans has super duper upgraded the interior of the bar.  For one thing, the interior side of their new store face is a nice stained wood, including places to rest your drinks.  They got rid of their broken four tops and replaced them with corrugated steel.  Most importantly, they ripped out the back booth and replaced it with A SPIRAL STAIRCASE, that now takes you to the upstairs bar.  It's really awesome.

Valhalla is currently closed through 2/16 for full-scale renovations.  Knowing KP and his crew, I expect the changes to be significant.

Zablongs (or however you spell it) is open and delicious.  It really changes the dynamic of the alley.  It's very bright inside and kinda brightens up the whole alley way.  They also have far better outdoor seating than the standard crappy old iron mesh table and chairs that have been there since time began.