Latta Arcade/Brevard Court

Maaaaan why you gotta bring that up. Anywho, not salsaritas was in immediate danger of going under but as price for that location continues to rise, they wouldn't be able to keep up. Id much rather have a trendy and well received chain than an empty space that no one local can afford. Also yes, an au Bon pain woulda been sick. 

6 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Oh stop. Salsaritas 1. Isn't that good 2. There's another one in town 3. Wasn't open past lunch hours. 

Beyond that potbelly is an amazing chain and one that's pretty universally loved in every market they are in. 

Think about it this way. You have a wells exec in for the week from NYC. They love potbelly. They go to potbelly Monday, and think wow that was a cool area. They go there and hit the local chains the next day or perhaps even the remainder of the week. Potbelly is big enough to draw in. Infinitely more valuable than a sub standard Mexican "local" chain. 

It's based on principal. So no, I won't stop... Even if Salsarita's isn't Chipotle, it's still a hometown chain that's being replaced by a national one. I'd rather see something more unique in Latta Arcade. 

24 minutes ago, HopHead said:

It's based on principal. So no, I won't stop... Even if Salsarita's isn't Chipotle, it's still a hometown chain that's being replaced by a national one. I'd rather see something more unique in Latta Arcade. 

Potbelly's is unique, quality sandwiches (for those that have been to one, you know this is MILES above which wich, jersey mikes, firehouse, etc) and a sandwich shop doesn't exist in Latta. I don't believe in principal if the product is crap lol. This is a win for the area and the Arcade/Court if for nothing beyond being a crowd draw. If you can't see that, sucks. 

Edited by Jayvee

17 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Potbelly's is unique, quality sandwiches and a sandwich shop doesn't exist in Latta. I don't believe in principal if the product is crap lol. This is a win for the area and the Arcade/Court if for nothing beyond being a crowd draw. If you can't see that, sucks. 

Lol. Well, it doesn't "suck" for me. I'm sure they may great sandwiches based on what people have said... Or as you always like to say "amazing" sandwiches. I would have opted for something else. People can have differing opinions. That was my only point. 

Edited by HopHead

2 minutes ago, HopHead said:

Lol. Well, it doesn't "suck" for me. I'm sure they may great sandwiches based on what people have said... Or as you always like to say "amazing" sandwiches. I would have opted for something else. People can have differing opinions. That was my only point. 

I guess, and sorry to get crotchety, I just look at it from a "city" perspective, and as far as the continued growth of our city goes. This is a very good thing

17 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

I guess, and sorry to get crotchety, I just look at it from a "city" perspective, and as far as the continued growth of our city goes. This is a very good thing

No worries. My better half is the first one to tell anyone that I'm a grouch more often than most.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:12 PM, grodney said:

Something new going into the space next to Pie In The Sky Pizza.  This space has been some pop-ups in the past.  Is this more of the same?  Interesting Sweets/Lunch/Coffee/Clothing/Lounge concept.

20170213_110958_zpszaz8kjfg.jpg

20170213_111010_zpsvvwg27ey.jpg

So this place is open now.  UP scoops again.  Katie&Katie were actually both right outside the door, LITERALLY having a stare-down.....I hope it doesn't escalate into something more. 

Anyway, they have a sign on their door that says "This is not a pop-up" complete with 3 giant laughing tongue-out emojis.  I'm not fluent in emoji, so I don't know if it's sincere.  $3 cold brew taps.  $3.50 cold-brew bottles.  And, ummmmm, some desserts and some clothes and a couch an a tv.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, grodney said:

So this place is open now.  UP scoops again.  Katie&Katie were actually both right outside the door, LITERALLY having a stare-down.....I hope it doesn't escalate into something more. 

Anyway, they have a sign on their door that says "This is not a pop-up" complete with 3 giant laughing tongue-out emojis.  I'm not fluent in emoji, so I don't know if it's sincere.  $3 cold brew taps.  $3.50 cold-brew bottles.  And, ummmmm, some desserts and some clothes and a couch an a tv.

Cool!!! Too bad it'll be closed on weekends.....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I walked through the Arcade and Brevard Court this morning, and man the Court was trashed.  Lots of beer bottles.  An empty wine bottle outside Nefelie's.  Some food trash.  Pint glasses still on the tables at Valhalla, including 4 on the table right next to Church St.  Man, party time on a Monday night.  Is that baseball spillover?  Or just standard these days?

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, grodney said:

ZaBlong has a sign saying they're going to start closing at 2am now on Fri and Sat (instead of 3am), including frowny faces.  Oh and they now have meatballs and ice cream, at least one of which is homemade.

Bummer but 2am is still good. Market must not be ready for 3am yet 

• 1 month later...

"NO PETS" signs up at Latta Arcade.  This place goes 101 years without having to tell people not to bring pets in, and now they have to?

Hmmm, that was barely worth a post.  Okay, since you're reading this anyway, SCORE now has Taco Tuesdays (cheap tacos and margaritas) starting at 4pm, to add to their eclectic mix of shoes, dessert, coffee, and romphims.

4 hours ago, grodney said:

"NO PETS" signs up at Latta Arcade.  This place goes 101 years without having to tell people not to bring pets in, and now they have to?

Hmmm, that was barely worth a post.  Okay, since you're reading this anyway, SCORE now has Taco Tuesdays (cheap tacos and margaritas) starting at 4pm, to add to their eclectic mix of shoes, dessert, coffee, and romphims.

I wonder what prompted the pets thing....this city is so annoying.

And for the record, the ties at Score are amazing

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

I might have missed this in another thread....I noticed a raised (road hump) crosswalk from Latta across Tryon.  Don't know how  long it's been there.  But awesome.  The road humpiness is nice for slowing traffic for the pedestrians.  Should probably do it on the other side on Church as well.  (Although emergency vehicles probably hate it.)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
19 minutes ago, grodney said:

QCBC now has Breakfast Burritos every day!  Intrigued, I stopped in to ask what time they open.  11am weekdays.  Goddam millennials. 

IMG_20190429_143530.jpg

11am breakfast? crap, I'm already hungry for lunch by then.