Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

urbanguy

2004 US City Livability Award Winners Announced

2004 US City Livability Award Winners Announced

City Livability Awards recognize and honor mayors for exemplary leadership in

developing and implementing programs that improve the quality of life in America's

cities. An independent panel of judges, selected by the U.S. Conference of Mayors,

determined the winning cities based on three criteria: mayoral leadership, creativity and innovation, and broad impact on the quality of life for residents.

FIRST PLACE

CHARLESTON, SC

Charleston

St. Joe? I would have to say it is one of the cities in the state that is not doing well at all, sure it's livable, but businesses are moving out and there is no sign of any revival at all.

^hehe i remember that town very well because my buddy hit a damn dear on the highway on our roadtrip to KC to visit some friends. The dear messed up the front of his civic but got right up and hopped back into the bushes - beotch. :P

^ wow, same thing happened to us in St Joe, but the deer hit us. Maybe there is an invincible deer :o

But seriously, yea, there isn't much hope left for St Joe.

I would hardly call San Jose one of the most livable cities. But that's just me. The same with Southfield...even though I will be moving there very soon.

Wow, I'm happy for STL to have made the list.

I don't agree with Fayetteville, AR - its a drab area. I have been there several times over the past few years if you are wondering.

I'm happy for Dearborn.

The city has worked hard to make improvements and the Arabic population has breathed life back into once sliding areas.

But they have only one cab company for 100,000 citizens.

And they are sorry s.o.b's toward customers due to that.

I think Honolulu should be first on that list...But other than that the top ten most livable cities list they made is way off! C'mon Arkansas?...

Maybe the title should be changed since many disagree with the results i think the awards are mainly because of improvements that each city's mayor has made.

BOSTON, MA

The Boston Pedestrian Protection Program (BPPP) is a multi-dimensional program designed with the primary purpose of decreasing the annual number of pedestrians injured in Boston. Under Mayor Thomas M. Menino

Wow, I'm happy for STL to have made the list.

I don't agree with Fayetteville, AR - its a drab area. I have been there several times over the past few years if you are wondering.

I guess you have not been to Fayetteville very recently! It is only one of the fastest growing Metros in the country. And voted as one of the top cities in America in dozens of categories!