2004 US City Livability Award Winners Announced

2004 US City Livability Award Winners Announced

City Livability Awards recognize and honor mayors for exemplary leadership in

developing and implementing programs that improve the quality of life in America's

cities. An independent panel of judges, selected by the U.S. Conference of Mayors,

determined the winning cities based on three criteria: mayoral leadership, creativity and innovation, and broad impact on the quality of life for residents.

FIRST PLACE

CHARLESTON, SC

Charleston

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^hehe i remember that town very well because my buddy hit a damn dear on the highway on our roadtrip to KC to visit some friends. The dear messed up the front of his civic but got right up and hopped back into the bushes - beotch. :P

BOSTON, MA

The Boston Pedestrian Protection Program (BPPP) is a multi-dimensional program designed with the primary purpose of decreasing the annual number of pedestrians injured in Boston. Under Mayor Thomas M. Menino

• 1 year later...

Wow, I'm happy for STL to have made the list.

I don't agree with Fayetteville, AR - its a drab area. I have been there several times over the past few years if you are wondering.

I guess you have not been to Fayetteville very recently! It is only one of the fastest growing Metros in the country. And voted as one of the top cities in America in dozens of categories!

Archived