Do you Twitter?

HopHead

Do any of you use Twitter? I was initially hesitant b/c it's just one more thing that I would follow, but I've gotten hooked on it a little bit. I've noticed that a number of Charlotte columnists are on it. There's been some insightful Tweets recently.

- CLTBlog also uses it as well. CLTBlog also had some Tweets with John Lassiter at the town hall meeting tonight.

- Rick Rothacker has been in the BofA board meetings and he posted a lot of Tweets about what was going on.

- NC Music Factory announces any new concerts on Twitter.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do any of you use Twitter? I was initially hesitant b/c it's just one more thing that I would follow, but I've gotten hooked on it a little bit. I've noticed that a number of Charlotte columnists are on it. There's been some insightful Tweets recently.

- CLTBlog also uses it as well. CLTBlog also had some Tweets with John Lassiter at the town hall meeting tonight.

- Rick Rothacker has been in the BofA board meetings and he posted a lot of Tweets about what was going on.

- NC Music Factory announces any new concerts on Twitter.

For me, I think it's a great way to keep up with news... especially local stuff. A lot of blogs that I read (such as CLTBlog) have Tweets that are informative. There are some people that I do follow, like PGA golfer Stewart Cink, who's always posting Tweets with pics. Sometimes comical stuff. I may post a few of my own tweets here and there, but that's about it.

I suppose Twitter is a logical extension of what we do on here. Simply more mobile and "real time". And I love technology but just don't have the bug for it. As Jaygee has said it's interesting but all in all just another "thing" to have to read on my already overloaded with alerts Blackberry. I scroll over the sites that interest me while I am on the go ( mostly to kill time waiting in lines) I don't yet have the desire to track other people's thoughts .

The communication behind it certainly has value. The protests in Iran would have gone nowhere without this option.

Generally I don't see much value in individual blogs consisting of 2 line posts. However twitter has been good, in aggregate, to keep up with the events in Iran. If you don't want to bother with signing up for something else for major events, then sites like Twitpipe are good for constant scrolling updates of subject matter.

Personally for this purpose, I think IRC did a better job.

Generally I don't see much value in individual blogs consisting of 2 line posts. However twitter has been good, in aggregate, to keep up with the events in Iran. If you don't want to bother with signing up for something else for major events, then sites like Twitpipe are good for constant scrolling updates of subject matter.

Personally for this purpose, I think IRC did a better job.

• 3 weeks later...

I refuse to join another site....I mean just when I made my myspace page fab suddenly every1 migrated over to facebook.....now Twitter is starting to rise up and I'm just waiting for folks to abandon facebook....plus I mean Twitter....reminds me of "twitcher", "seizures", "flutter"....LOL sorry I'm just happy it's Saturday :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived