Atlanta...

New Name

Hey Atlanta Forumers,

This weekend a group of us (early 30s) are coming to Atl from Charlotte to see the Red Sox v. Braves.

I'm looking for some suggestions for where to hang out otherwise:

-After the Sox kill the Braves on Friday night, we will need to celebrate at the bar. I like REAL, bars with a dive feel but not a SERIOUS s*hole divebar, rock music (no hip hop or dance clubs please). Intimate is good, pool tables, whatever (not coyote ugly, we have wifes with us!) . We're staying at the Hilton on Peachtree and would really like to NOT DRIVE OUR CAR once it is parked. So is there anything cool around Peachtree Center or between Turner Field and there (I know it's a very long walk - but we did it before with a mob of Sox fans). I think we ended up at Atl Underground, it was okay, but could we do better?

-Again, we're looking to park our car and then not use it again. MARTA is our friend, so suggestions for breakfast, dinner, shopping, parks, bars, fun 'hood is idea with public transit or walking.

-I am an urban geek (like you), so please suggest cool buildings, parks, historical markers to walk by in downtown.

-So we will have Saturday morning in the city before the afternoon game for breakfast, lunch and hanging out. Saturday night dinner, drinks and then what...?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Atlanta Forumers,

This weekend a group of us (early 30s) are coming to Atl from Charlotte to see the Red Sox v. Braves.

I'm looking for some suggestions for where to hang out otherwise:

-After the Sox kill the Braves on Friday night, we will need to celebrate at the bar. I like REAL, bars with a dive feel but not a SERIOUS s*hole divebar, rock music (no hip hop or dance clubs please). Intimate is good, pool tables, whatever (not coyote ugly, we have wifes with us!) . We're staying at the Hilton on Peachtree and would really like to NOT DRIVE OUR CAR once it is parked. So is there anything cool around Peachtree Center or between Turner Field and there (I know it's a very long walk - but we did it before with a mob of Sox fans). I think we ended up at Atl Underground, it was okay, but could we do better?

-Again, we're looking to park our car and then not use it again. MARTA is our friend, so suggestions for breakfast, dinner, shopping, parks, bars, fun 'hood is idea with public transit or walking.

-I am an urban geek (like you), so please suggest cool buildings, parks, historical markers to walk by in downtown.

-So we will have Saturday morning in the city before the afternoon game for breakfast, lunch and hanging out. Saturday night dinner, drinks and then what...?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Archived