FTC v J.K. Publications check

Anyone else get one of the checks? I haven't cashed mine yet because there still seems to be some concern as to whether or not they are legit. This is a check for $27.68 from a settlement about credit card fraud that happened back in the 1990's. The check looks legit but the letter attached to it has some strange stuff in it like a notice that it will bounce if you don't cash it by Aug. 10, 2009. Also, when I searched online the first website I looked at caused a malware alarm on my computer. Here's a link to the FTC website about the claim and it looks on the up and up.

FTC site

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else get one of the checks? I haven't cashed mine yet because there still seems to be some concern as to whether or not they are legit. This is a check for $27.68 from a settlement about credit card fraud that happened back in the 1990's. The check looks legit but the letter attached to it has some strange stuff in it like a notice that it will bounce if you don't cash it by Aug. 10, 2009. Also, when I searched online the first website I looked at caused a malware alarm on my computer. Here's a link to the FTC website about the claim and it looks on the up and up.

FTC site

Archived