Government's Goal: Total Economic Collapse?

John E

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I don't agree with everything they do (regardless of who's in power) I have never believed that any of our elected officials have a goal economic collapse.

Whether we're headed for one or not, to imply that it's a *goal* (i.e. something they *want* to happen) is too much for me. Sorry.

I think 99.9% of the population, who have not had more than 2 semester's worth of economics in college, probably shouldn't be acting like they know WTF they're talking about. Is Ron Paul an economist? No, he's a physician by training. Thus, his opinion I trust about as much as anyone else's who reads the NYT and repeats/refutes everything Krugman says.

Ron Paul has been a Congressman for 20 years and has been on financial commitees. He has been studying economics for many, many years. I would concider him to be an expert with the working of economics. That and he has inside information on what they are doing. He has been fighting with the Federal Reserve for years about how they increase our "inflation tax" by printing more and more money out of thin are which decreases the value of the dollar which caused inflation.

The Federal Reserve is demonic corporation that is unconstitutional and NEEDS to be abolished.

~John

We would have never gotten to the point of economic collapse. The point of tying money to gold is that it directly limits $$ the federal reserve can inject in the economy and thus is a huge natural regulator of risk. For example, when the Federal Reserve says it is going to lower interest rates, it does this simply by printing more money. (increasing money supply) This economy collapsed basically because of very cheap credit which enabled us to simultaneously fight 2 wars, cut taxes, ship millions of jobs out of the country, expand government and go on a real estate building spree that was a huge squandering of resources.

If the $ was still tied to gold, then they could have never lowered interest rates to the levels they did which created the bubble. Instead extra dollars in the economy would have had to have come the old fashioned way, by increasing production.

You didn't cite a specific example in Grand Rapids did you? You just cast your net out there to get people's attention and it worked.

Are you saying that global and U.S. economics don't have an effect on local developments? If that is the case then we wouldn't have had condo projects die.

My whole point for starting this topic was to get people to look at global economics and other situations to see how West Michigan and the Greater Grand Rapids area can be affected by them.

~John

:offtopic:

Oh it's okay, I'm proud to be called a looney. At least I'm not stupid. I mean I don't believe that a jet crashing into a steel structure building can bring it down at free-fall speed either.

Looney I may be but I'm not stupid or brain washed and don't believe the lies that are fed to the public by the government(s) and/or controlled corporate media.

~John

Archived