Michael Jackson dead at age 50

krazeeboi

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael was a talented performer no doubt. On the other hand he also let a lot of people down due to his bizarre actions, especially those over the last 25 years of his life. No doubt he had a lot of issues, maybe some beyond his control, but I do find it strange that a 50 year old, especially one that should have the kind of medical care available to him, has died. There is a story yet to be told about him.

Michael was a talented performer no doubt. On the other hand he also let a lot of people down due to his bizarre actions, especially those over the last 25 years of his life. No doubt he had a lot of issues, maybe some beyond his control, but I do find it strange that a 50 year old, especially one that should have the kind of medical care available to him, has died. There is a story yet to be told about him.

This is the "Elvis death" of my generation, no doubt. I will unfortunately probably always remember sitting in traffic on I-49 on my way home this evening when the guy came on the radio and said Michael Jackson had died. Just before I left my office I had just read online that he was rushed to the hospital for cardiac arrest and that CPR had to be administered while he was en route to the hospital. I knew at that point that it couldn't be good, even though my own father had survived similar experiences multiple times.

RIP Michael Jackson. You were not a bad person. A little confused as to your true identity, but certainly not a bad person. You will be missed. I, for one, thank you for all you have done for music. Your song, Man in the Mirror, helped me tremendously when I was having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I am autistic after all those rough years.

Personally I am very sad, and that is saying a lot since I did not even react when my close loved ones and best friends have died over the years. Death never bothers me, but for some reason Michael Jackson's passing really bothers me. In fact I shed a tear when I first heard the news. It was almost like I lost the best friend I ever had, even though I never even so much as met Michael Jackson.

Since it is as if so many of us have lost a dear friend, I would like to dedicate this wonderful song to Michael Jackson:

the king of pop! he gave us authentic soul, flowing melodies, and an eponymous style.

i can't adequately convey my confusion with the perverse and tragic course his life took in recent years, but there is no denying his genius.

his last gift to us might just be a cautionary tale about the corrosive nature of our narcissistic and media obsessed culture.

rest in peace

Brian Oxmand(sp?) Michael Jackson's long term lawyer, appeared on ABC's Good Morning America this morning and basically said that "He can't hold his tongue anymore". He said that Michael probably OD'd on prescription narcotics which he called pain medicine. He said it stemmed all they way back to the days of when Michael's hair caught on fire during the Pepsi commercial.

I honestly don't blame Michael for his strange behavior later in his life. He was abused by his father, he grew up in a bubble and never had a childhood and his success was overwhelming to him. That can do a lot to a person so I tend to like over the strange stuff. People loved him anyway. They didn't just love his music.

Today the day after I found out Micheal Jackson died feels very much like the day after a close relative or friend has died. This man's music has been a part of my life for 40 years. Yesterday, a couple of radio stations here in DC played all Michael Jackson and Jackson 5 music and the memories came flooding back to the point that a couple of tears were shed. Just hard to believe he is gone. Tortured soul he was, but all geniuses seem to be tortured souls one way or another. One thing for sure his music will surely live on for generations to come. RIP Michael Jackson.

I'll miss the Man in the Mirror.

MJ's music was there in every step of my life and some songs will make me dance every time I hear them and others will give me chills every time. Regardless of his personal issues or failures (he is human after all even if to many he didn't seem so) he altered pop music in so many ways. RIP.

sources are say Michael was given a heavy dose of morphine and a demerol shot before he died. An overdose of those can lead to a heart attack. If this is true, the doctor who gave that to him is going to get hell. His doctors car has already been impounded and they cant find the doc.

Police searching for Michael Jackson's doctor

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/2...kson/index.html

I'm actually touched by the positive comments about MJ by you UPers. Very nice of all of you to share.

Bizarre, outlandish, pathological behaviors don't just pop up out of nowhere. All anyone has to do is look back one generation to Joe Jackson, Michael's father. From day one as a child, Joe ridiculed Michael about his large nose. Even nicknamed him "The Nose".......well hey, what a surprise that Michael became obsessed about his nose.

More than one source have mentioned Joe Jackson is a harsh, abusive man. Just think what Michael could have been had he had a loving, supportive family life. He had the talent of Sammy Davis Jr. but just did not have Sammy's character.

It's pretty clear why he died. He was an addicted very heavy drug user. Legal drugs, but drugs none the less and like many celebrities with unlimited resources to acquire them, they ended up killing him. Jackson has been compared to Elvis in his reach and it sounds like he went the same way as Elvis.

Any investigations will be for the purpose to find a scapegoat. That is to find someone to blame other than Michael who was not able to take responsibility for anything in life.

^Nixon was a country club Republican as opposed to a right wing-nut Republicans that came into being with Reagan. Nixon could care less about social and moral issues. While I don't doubt he might have wanted Elvis for spying purposes, his reasons would have been to dig up dirt on his political opponents including Reagan. Country club republicans are a rare breed these days. They met their end with the arrival of Reagan who managed to attract all of the disaffected Dixiecrats.

well reports from the autopsy reads that Michael Jackson was bald with just a bit of peach fuzz on his head. He has been wearing a wig all this time. Jackson's body still has a scar on it from the accident he had in 1984 when he burn his head, ignited by jerry curl activator, during a pepsi commercial. His body was basically a skeleton and his ribs were broken while CPR was being performed on him. he had unexplained bruises on his legs. Jackson had nothing in his stomach but pills so he wasn't eating. They said his body didn't look good at all. God I hope they don't reveal the autopsy photos.

Interestingly enough, there is a a jpg floating around on the internet of the cover from a early January issue of the National Enquirer where they interviewed someone who said he had 6 months to live. It amazes me that if he was in such shape, how in the hell did anyone think, and I mean the business people backing it, that he could do a 50 stop tour.

Sad. :ermm:Washington Post had an interesting article about how the younger generation only knew him for his eccentricities, and don't grasp how insanely huge he was.

It's one thing to hear "Bad" now, and just think of it as a dated 80's song. It's another to be there in 1987, when my brothers, some neighborhood kids, and I all packed into our living room to catch the world premiere on MTV, and the next day we'd be trying to do all the dance moves, and buying new posters and drinking Pepsi because he was on the new commercial. He just defined "cool" back then, in a way that no one has been able to since.

I watched the videos again this weekend on VH-1 and they still blow me away.

Archived