Thanks for no religious or political talk here!

ElGobernador

I just want to say that I am glad that there are no political or religious discussions on this forum. This helps me out--I was just lambasted on another unnamed website b/c I posted something that was contrary to moderators' political affiliation. My integrity was questioned and I was basically called a liar/fraud due to an honest mistake. I have since withdrawn from that site and do not plan to use it anymore. It has just gotten very rediculous. Sorry for the vent. Take care.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest donaltopablo

Well, the occassional political/religious discussion does pop up. But I assure you, you will not face a lambasting from the moderators here, regardless of your view point. Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy yourself.

Personally, I believe that religious and political discussions have no place in this forum, to begin with. We should all be here to discuss urbanity and skyscrapers and not present our religious and political views. Besides, if we put these things aside we may discover that it is our differences that create the diversity known to boost a city's image. If we stand divided, then our cause (better urban life, etc.) will never be materialized. Unfortunately, people still find a way to do their own propaganda, but I hope that most forumers here won't respond to those calls and ignore the person who initiates them. Just my 2 cents...

Haha, any guesses to the other forum and moderator/administrator.

UrbanPlanet is made with better ingredients. :P

LOL! I'm willing to make a bet. :lol:

Personally I do think that discussions with a broader meaning in life (ex. current events) which may turn political should be allowed in a Coffee House section, but it's when these threads turn into "pick a side and fight" threads that they should be moderated. At the least, the moderators themselves shouldn't be heavy political leaners. ;)

monsoon, 2004 Presidential Campaign stuff should not take place in ANY part of this forum. Some people haven't realized that, yet. Of course, a group of people still thinks that their political views are the major factor in promoting urban living, which I can respect up to a certain extent, but until EVERY political and religious discussion finds no home in Urban Planet, the moderators will have a hard time making this forum a place for all. Certain forums have failed miserably to keep civility in debates, but Urban Planet has done a fantastic job and I must congratulate everyone for this achievement. However, forumers, themselves, need to respect this effort and stay away from any political and religious discussion.

I think politics and urban development are very related, and think that political discussion only comes natural with urban development.

The only thing is that issues get off topic. Transit and zoning are different from discussing the merits of libertarian ideology vs communism.

LOL! I'm willing to make a bet. :lol:

Personally I do think that discussions with a broader meaning in life (ex. current events) which may turn political should be allowed in a Coffee House section, but it's when these threads turn into "pick a side and fight" threads that they should be moderated. At the least, the moderators themselves shouldn't be heavy political leaners. ;)

I place a bet to on which Forum it was :lol:

Archived