The NEVERENDING 4th of July fireworks thread

Veloise

So on Saturday you'll be DT anyway (for the water balloon fight at RPC). Help out at the fireworks?

I've done this previously; it's loads of fun. In years past:

--free T-shirt, hot dog dinner

--backstage elbow-rubbing with performers

--tasks could include Popsicle pushing, snow fence set-up or teardown, painting kids' faces, helping with make & take projects

To volunteer, call Nola Steketee at 451-0150.

Facebook users can check out Grand Rapids 4th of July Family Fireworks http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#...60414718?ref=mf for more details and discussions.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I specifically need a couple of people to come hang out with me from 4 until the end of fireworks and do "security". Basically, you sit up near the stage, get a walkie talkie, and alert security guards to people getting out of control. Qualifications = lawn chair, sunblock, and a crowd control mentality. :) (some two-way radio skills required) If interested, email me at [email protected] as soon as possible.

You can even bring friends and family to sit with you (and even recruit them to help out). As Karen mentioned, free shirt, free food and plenty of pop and water to drink (you basically get waited on). :shades:

Archived