Bicycling in Nashville

nashscan

I recently got an old bike fixed up and am ready to hit the roads and trails of Nashville. Does anyone have any tips for the beginner on good places to bike? I'm not in the best of shape so any tips for the beginner would be swell. Are there any areas I should avoid?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I recently got an old bike fixed up and am ready to hit the roads and trails of Nashville. Does anyone have any tips for the beginner on good places to bike? I'm not in the best of shape so any tips for the beginner would be swell. Are there any areas I should avoid?

Shelby Bottoms is great except for the hill at the new bridge, but you do not have to go that way if you dont want to.

If you drive and take your bike, which is a great option because there are a lot of good places to go, I would recommend the Bi-centennial trail in Ashland City. It is about 4 miles one way on a paved surface and it is level and almost the entire route is in the shade. You can decide how far you want to go before you turn around.

Belle Meade Blvd is good too. About 3 miles from Percy Warner Park to Harding.

Most all of the other routes involve hills with the exception of a few of the bikes lanes on 16th and 17th Ave. through Music row.

Archived