Valerie Crossings in Green Hills

jice

Hmm.. sounds promising.. maybe?

Brent Smith with Fiveash Development

Valerie Crossings... includes 301 apartments and seven townhomes on the south side of Abbott Martin Road, between the Green Hills Apartments for Retired Teachers and Cross Creek Road.

Smith said the goal of the development is to create a walkable community with a mix of housing types where people don't have to depend on cars to get to area establishments

The developers said they also plan to install the first phase of the Sugartree Creek greenway and build a two and a half acre public park.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Read the comments on the story. N I M B Y. If you thought putting something like this in a cow pasture was difficult, just try it where people already live!

An ancient human femur washes up in Sugartree Creek in 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1...

Seriously, it seems nice and is in a good location but I think local opposition is going to try hard to tank it. It doesn't help anyone already living there, and cuts into the exclusivity of the area by being rentals. Plus, one comment that kept coming up at the May Town meeting was the difficulty in keeping an edge on development. Is this proposal going to create a hard edge or is it going to creep outward over time? Sugartree Creek seems to have already created a natural edge to the Green Hills commercial area, but this will jump it.

You can have much more density and have a walkable neighborhood. Green Hills in the grand scheme of things is not really that dense as compared to many large city neighborhoods. The big problems are lack of viable mass transit, a road that is not wide enough to accommodate the traffic, and no sidewalks. I am surprised that the current road project through there only gives a turn lane and no sidewalks. Someone correct me if I am wrong about the no sidewalks. The big problem in Nashville is the leadership has no vision when it comes to mass transit, which would solve a lot of problems.

It is funny you mention May town center. Wasn't the oppositions outcry on that project " build density near existing infastructure." Green hills has all of that it is almost perfect for that kind of concept.

I understand that the neighbors may not like this project concept.

I wonder if the bells bend people opposed to May town center will support this project?

Is all of nashville N I M B Y?

What's the planning staff suppose to do?

Where are we going to put the future Nashvilians?

Is the secret Williamson Co?

You can have much more density and have a walkable neighborhood. Green Hills in the grand scheme of things is not really that dense as compared to many large city neighborhoods. The big problems are lack of viable mass transit, a road that is not wide enough to accommodate the traffic, and no sidewalks. I am surprised that the current road project through there only gives a turn lane and no sidewalks. Someone correct me if I am wrong about the no sidewalks. The big problem in Nashville is the leadership has no vision when it comes to mass transit, which would solve a lot of problems.

I wasn't agianst the MTC, just opposed to its location. To me for the MTC concept, it makes more sense to invest in areas that are already built, but need a little T&C (HHM).

As for this development it sounds like it could be nice. I like the rental ideas if they are on the affordable side, but being in GH I doubt it. I also like the greenway and walkability concepts. However, 2 1/2 acre park sounds small. However, I am not familiar with the location so it may fit perfectly.

Archived