Boston, by Flash

Flash

I was in Boston visiting my sister from Jul 1-6, here are some of the pics.

People, people, people.

bos19.jpg

bos3.jpg

bos9.jpg

They recently finished cleaning the white facade here.

bos4.jpg

bos5.jpg

bos6.jpg

Pigeons, pigeons, pigeons.

bos20.jpg

bos31.jpg

bos7.jpg

bos8.jpg

bos49.jpg

bos10.jpg

bos11.jpg

bos12.jpg

bos13.jpg

bos14.jpg

bos15.jpg

Call the cops.

bos17.jpg

bos18.jpg

bos21.jpg

bos22.jpg

bos24.jpg

bos25.jpg

bos26.jpg

bos27.jpg

bos28.jpg

bos29.jpg

bos30.jpg

bos32.jpg

bos35.jpg

bos33.jpg

Stata center is comlpete

bos36.jpg

bos37.jpg

bos38.jpg

bos39.jpg

bos40.jpg

bos41.jpg

bos42.jpg

Standing room only

bos89.jpg

bos43.jpg

bos44.jpg

bos45.jpg

bos47.jpg

bos48.jpg

bos53.jpg

bos54.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EXCELLENT shots, thanks for sharing! I think those pigeon crap covered cherubs will be cleaned shortly, if they haven't been already. The city is scrubbing itself up for the Convention.

AMAZING PICTURES! Boston is such a beautiful city. It has been awhile since I've been there. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos.

The Stata Center, I read an article on it a few months ago and I forgot what it was for. Can you reinform me?

Oh yeah. That's the juice....into the "guts" of a city, living and breathing.

I like the pic with the older facades and the parking neon (juxtaposed). BTW Is it just a facade ATM - it's so "washing-detergent" white! ;)

Cheers Flash :)

The brick clock tower is in Cambridge's Kendall Square, as are the three photos following. The four photos after the Stata Center pictures are of other parts of MIT, also in Cambridge.

And the walkway along the river is in Cambridge, alongside MIT.

I love the black-and-white photo, and the one with the Pru and Hancock framed by round openings in an iron fence.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I want to go to Boston so bad my extremeties are tingling.

What's the story with the crazy Bostonians meandering down the middle of the street? Is that normal? They don't even look interested in the sidewalk...just walking along with the cars.

I want to go to Boston so bad my extremeties are tingling.

What's the story with the crazy Bostonians meandering down the middle of the street? Is that normal? They don't even look interested in the sidewalk...just walking along with the cars.

I believe you may be referring to the pictures of Downtown Crossing (the first 7 pictures on this topic are from that area). Downtown Crossing is a limited-access area to automobiles. During most hours, only police, taxis, and loading trucks servicing the businesses located in that area are allowed through. Otherwise, it is strictly limited access, and there are many officers there to enforce that rule. They also set up blockades at most of the ends of the streets leading in to the crossing to prevent the stray automobile from meandering in to the crossing.

"Pedestrian Mall" is what I believe this type of area would be considered. The city has recently debated whether or not to continue the limited access to automobiles, but alas, that is a whole other topic. I hope they don't change it... I like it the way it is.

Archived