Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Brass Bonanza

IN PROGRESS: Bridge from Convention Center to Science Center?

16 posts in this topic

I thought a footbridge was going to be errected over the highway onramp connecting the convention center to the science center. That would allow people in East Hartford to walk to the convention center without ever hitting the street. Was that never an idea and ai figment of my immagination, delayed, or cancelled?

Thanks.

God forbid people walk at street level...

No, thankfully there was never a bridge planned there.

From the CCEDA web site CCC page.

"A pedestrian bridge will be constructed to connect the Connecticut Science Center and the Riverfront Walk to the Convention Center once the Science Center is open in the Summer of 2009."

Here is Rome.

Europe08-09239.jpg

Europe08-09244.jpg

sadly the opposite view would have been better because the lower level has some buildings trees benches and a barge on it. but the barge was trashed from flooding that hozed Italy just before we were there. all we get here is something covered with a green tarp and the staircase :)

London did a similar thing with the Thames River embankment project in the 1800's. I wonder why the Army Corps of Engineers didn't decide to do an embankment back in the 30's when they put in the dike? I'm guessing it's because of the railroad tracks or maybe because the city didn't get close enough to the river to make it feasible?

Construction of the "Grove Street Pedestrian Overpass" the official name of the bridge from the science center to the convention center begins July 20th. it is scheduled to open next summer.

There will be detours and closure of the Grove Street I-84/I-91 on ramp during construction. The on ramp will reamian open during days and evening rush hour.

No no, Mikel said there was never a bridge planned there, so the picture you took must be a mirage...

No no, Mikel said there was never a bridge planned there, so the picture you took must be a mirage...

I took you off recently, and I have now learned from my mistake. Ignore again...