The Good News Report

atlrvr

26 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Average salary will be $93,011 for the positions. Quality advanced manufacturing jobs with an R&D center as well. We have had quite a few advanced manufacturing wins lately for the suburban office parks. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 2

Lincoln Harris 4Q 2016 office market report very positive. Couple of things of note new Wells Fargo lease in Ballantyne could fit 1600 people. That is not really a shuffling around maybe some but real job growth in the city. No mention of the Lincoln Harris  new tower in the report. Bank of America did lease another floor in 525 N Tryon building seems to be adding space now not shedding it like they did over the last few years.  http://lincolnharris.com/Research/Charlotte.html

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

If you thought the Office market was doing good see the Lincoln Harris report the Industrial warehouse market is on fire! 5 million sq ft absorbed last year and that is with 3 Million sq ft delivered. Vacancy down to 5%. This market is not as sexy as office buildings but many 1000s work in these buildings all over the region. Cabarrus County absorbed 1 million sq ft for example. http://www.avisonyoung.com/fileDownloader.php?file=files/market-intelligence/Industrial - 4Q16 - CLT.pdf

• Like 3

Maybe a stretch but I think it's good news that we weren't associated with that travesty of a game last night.  Hopefully, in two years they will actually play basketball.  Also, uptown and airport will be much further along.  NO didn't even sell out the arena.  

All of this assumes we get 2019 game but after this weekend I'm not sure I even care...

• Like 1

Walmart Global Shared services building in Water Ridge this was the biggest NON job announcement in 2015. 700-1000 jobs no incentives given and they occupied this entire 5 story building. They work with their stores in the east and that includes Canada as they are always looking for French speaking people for their Quebec stores. Parking garage was built for their many employees. 

DSCN9991.JPG

DSCN9992.JPG

DSCN9993.JPG

• Like 4

Alevo considers Concord facility for a $251 million expansion with 200 jobs at its Concord plant. Alevo got NO incentives when they first came here but production and employment is up there now and products being shipped. http://www.independenttribune.com/townnews/economics/alevo-considers-million-expansion/article_1b37b5d0-f873-11e6-be22-dba942bad5f4.html

• Like 2

Funny just talked about this. 700 jobs at the Walmart GSS center no incentives given, biggest NON job announcement of the year in 2015. Biggest new to market lease that year too at 118,000 sq ft. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article134723084.html  See my photos above. Again we need jobs of all skill salary levels in town. Article downgrades the pay but wonder how many are people who are in a 2 income earner family? This could be family supplemental income. 700 jobs that is great and more to come. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dale said:

I don't get people. I could live just fine on $33K.

Everyone is different, but I think it would be hard.  After tax and 6% 401k contribution I come up with a net monthly take home of $1915.  No deduction in that for healthcare cost employer sponsored or otherwise 

Edited by navigator319

8 minutes ago, Temeteron said:

How? 

Well, I have. When I first moved to Charlotte, my first job had me pulling in about that much. That got me a nice, one bedroom apartment in Ballantyne. It was just off the greenway and walking distance from a Trader Joe's. Granted, I have simple tastes. But that had me paying my bills and socking away a little in savings.