The Good News Report

atlrvr

Sunlight Financial is moving from Packard Place (co-working) to the newly renamed 101 North Tryon.  The company (based in NY) develops loans for residential solar projects.  It is great for Charlotte to continue it's organic growth, particularly at a time that so much new office space will soon be coming online.  

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/11/13/financial-services-firm-signs-lease-at-101-north.html

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 1

It's amazing how the ACC and NCAA moved games out of NC because of HB2...But the NCAA and ACC will allow games to be played in China...where the people have NO RIGHTS. Just like Kermit the frog...but that's not of my business...I will sip my tea. Double standards in this country are out of control.

1 hour ago, CLT2014 said:

The ACC Championship on Saturday Dec 2 at 8PM between Clemson and Miami is officially a sellout. Should be a good weekend for the hotel, food service, and hospitality industry. If you take a look at hotel availability the evening of December 2, pretty much every hotel in Uptown is sold out. 

http://theacc.com/news/2017/11/15/2017-dr-pepper-acc-football-championship-game-sold-out.aspx

“It’s good to be back in Charlotte for this year’s Dr Pepper ACC Football Championship Game, and it’s great to see the excitement from the entire city,” said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. “Our partnership with Charlotte is strong and we look forward to another sold out crowd for this year’s title game between two of the top teams in college football.”

The Championship only has 50,000 in attendance when it was moved to Orlando. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is kind  of a fun list from a Facebook page of NC firsts.  First gold rush in America, the UPC bar code invented here, AZT drug invented here, and of course my favorite Astroturf invented here.  NC is first in a lot of things even the ubiquitous shipping container yes invented here in NC  https://www.facebook.com/NCnextfirsts/?utm_campaign=Celebrating_North_Carolina's_Firsts_%23NCNextFirsts&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_source=SocialToaster  And even the first prosthetic hand invented right here in Charlotte! 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

It's amazing how the ACC and NCAA moved games out of NC because of HB2...But the NCAA and ACC will allow games to be played in China...where the people have NO RIGHTS. Just like Kermit the frog...but that's not of my business...I will sip my tea. Double standards in this country are out of control.

It’s over.  You lost.  Let it go.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

thank. god.

University Area office building trades hands... but the interesting bit to me is that they plan to more then double the building in the process....

New ownership will rebrand the building as University Highlands and significant capital upgrades, including adding 150,000 square feet to the building, are planned. 10330 David Taylor Drive

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/12/01/university-area-office-building-sells-for-11-4m-to.html

• Like 1