The Good News Report

atlrvr

How about a new topic call expanding business and then that would cover people who think new warehouse jobs are bad news and people like me who think it is good news. Expanding Businesses or Relocation. Because a lot more new jobs what I call good news are coming soon! 

I agree the minimum wage topic needs its own area as all the new jobs I post on here pay way more than min. wage. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

40 new jobs coming in 2017 at health finance company that has tripled its office space in the FreeMore area of town. Health Care Services http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/12/05/specialty-lender-expects-to-double-headcount-by.html

http://www.costar.com/News/Article/Credit-Services-Corp-Leases-15000-SF-at-Coca-Cola-Bottling-Co-Bldg/186823

And very fast growth predicted maybe up to 300 employees in 5 years or so. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

This is from several months ago, but I just stumbled across it:

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-axa-closing-farmington-office-20160825-story.html

Once again, Connecticut loses out as a life insurer consolidates offices to Charlotte. This time it's AXA, which has an office with 160 employees in Farmington.

This time, unlike what happened with MetLife over the last three years, the company said job losses at AXA will be minimal.

AXA said it will close its office on Scott Swamp Road by April, but the "vast majority" of employees will keep their jobs and work remotely or from home. A few will be laid off and some jobs will move to Charlotte, where AXA is consolidating underwriting, case management and sales desk for its life insurance business.

It looks like AXA is really building up their Charlotte office with corporate jobs as well (which are different than the jobs described above).  They have always had some back office jobs here, but on their website, they look like they are hiring for some more higher-paying finance jobs (actuarial, risk management, and corp finance and accounting). 

• Like 4

Wow AXA has 55 open jobs in Charlotte of all positions these include some that could be in Charlotte or elsewhere. Insurance companies are continuing to consolidate offices in order to save money in a low interest rate environment. This is good news for their office up in the Innovation Park in University area. 

• Like 1

This is a great relocation to the Charlotte area I do wish they would have chosen somewhere in Charlotte but the overflow will be great. Creates a huge pool of tech workers who will invariably form their own startups over time adding to the tech eco system of the area. Many people and I might say most will chose to live in NC in Union county, south Charlotte even intown up the light rail lines. Plus lots of new customers for our airport for sure. I was just in Plano this fall and comparable neighborhoods would be more in Charlotte or Union county than even in Lancaster county. Plus more people trying to get into Fort Mill. http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2016/12/08/it-company-to-move-hq-1-500-jobs-to-41m.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2016-12-08&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1481231488&j=76697981  SC I am sure wrote a big check for incentives. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Awesome news!

It is interesting that Credit Karma is looking mainly at Ballantyne. They said they want the Charlotte office to be like their HQ in San Francisco, which is in a beautiful 11 story historic building built in 1911 in the heart of the city... seems like South End or Uptown would make more sense to fit their start up vibe.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

Awesome news!

It is interesting that Credit Karma is looking mainly at Ballantyne. They said they want the Charlotte office to be like their HQ in San Francisco, which is in a beautiful 11 story historic building built in 1911 in the heart of the city... seems like South End or Uptown would make more sense to fit their start up vibe.

Yes I thought it was a little strange they were not going intown myself but they are probably just in awe of what they can get for office space per square foot compared to San Francisco (literally 2-3x more) or even Santa Monica where they have an office. Ballantyne has some space in that 10 story building where Synder Lance moved out right on the golf course maybe thats the spot. And if they really grow their office over the years they would have plenty room to expand. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

I am putting this under good news because I think the apartment building boom does need to slow down. But it sounds like banks are really tightening up their lending to prevent a bust and yes Charlotte is mentioned in this article. https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/multifamily/suntrust-cre-lending-chief-apartment-oversupply-possible-68833

• Like 1

Charlotte metro area finishes 2106 with #7 ranking in new home permits in country with almost 12,000  this is still much lower than the peak. http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2016/12/19/san-antonio-no-24-in-u-s-for-single-family-housing.html?ana=e_ae_set2&s=article_du&ed=2016-12-19&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1482183226&j=76805561#g7

• Like 1

Circle K is doubling its regional corporate office space in Charlotte, as the company expands and rebrands its portfolio of convenience stores.

The company has leased about 20,000 square feet of space at Three Coliseum Centre, off Billy Graham Parkway near Charlotte Douglas International Airport, brokerage firm JLL said Monday.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article121807158.html#emlnl=Afternoon_Newsletter

Edited by RiverwoodCLT
  • Like 4