The Good News Report

atlrvr

The Triangle Business Journal has posted an article with this headline: 

Is Krispy Kreme Charlotte-bound? Company vague about new 'presence' there

Unfortunately its paywalled and strangely the CBJ does not appear to have the story. Anybody know anything?

17 minutes ago, kermit said:

Unfortunately its paywalled and strangely the CBJ does not appear to have the story. Anybody know anything?

Winston's mayor say, KK is staying as far as they know.   No word from KK directly. 

3 hours ago, kermit said:

http://www.journalnow.com/business/krispy-kreme-plans-expanded-presence-in-charlotte-company-says-it/article_ecea96ce-df7e-5656-a02f-0c1287927b03.html

This is a different story on same subject....it's corporate vague.

Sounds similar to Jeld-Wen.

• Like 1

From the Triangle Business Journal article seems something is afoot about Krispy Kreme 

""Rumors of a Krispy Kreme move to Charlotte have swirled throughout the Triad in the past few weeks. Multiple Triad business leaders told TBJ they had heard them. A few told TBJ it was a done deal. Tracking down a complete answer hasn't been easy, though Garling provided a vague denial on Wednesday, which she reaffirmed Friday.

Garling's response didn't address specific questions TBJ asked about the nature of the new Krispy Kreme "presence" in Charlotte or what positions and functions might be located there.""

My guess is they maybe moving some offices to Charlotte especially sales related but could be more.   Story is from the Triad and the Triangle Business Journals 

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2017/10/27/is-krispy-kreme-charlotte-bound-company-vague.html  Subscriber article 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Old Carolinian said:

Well if the Amazon HQ2 thing doesn't work out, being the world headquarters of Krispy Kreme would be a good second place finish...

I would settle for more than one location in a city of almost 900,000. I don't get Krispy Kreme's strategy here in Mecklenburg County.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

From the Triangle Business Journal article seems something is afoot about Krispy Kreme 

""Rumors of a Krispy Kreme move to Charlotte have swirled throughout the Triad in the past few weeks. Multiple Triad business leaders told TBJ they had heard them. A few told TBJ it was a done deal. Tracking down a complete answer hasn't been easy, though Garling provided a vague denial on Wednesday, which she reaffirmed Friday.

Garling's response didn't address specific questions TBJ asked about the nature of the new Krispy Kreme "presence" in Charlotte or what positions and functions might be located there.""

My guess is they maybe moving some offices to Charlotte especially sales related but could be more.   Story is from the Triad and the Triangle Business Journals 

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2017/10/27/is-krispy-kreme-charlotte-bound-company-vague.html  Subscriber article 

I don't see a positive for KK relocating to CLT from Winston. Maybe I am missing something...

^^^A global well known and loved brand moving their HQ to your city is always a positive.  Not to mention HQ higher salaried jobs it is just looks good to tell others.  I suspect KK new German owners would like them easier to get to and being in Charlotte with daily nonstops to 2 major German cities really helps.    We'll see what happens but something seems afoot. Reminds me of the recent NN Corp. HQ move to south Charlotte.  

• Like 1

Charlotte and Raleigh voted best cities to live both in top 30 but Raleigh was #10.  No wonder so many people are moving to both areas. http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article181870911.html

Urban Land Institute names Charlotte and Raleigh in the top 15 for cities for investment and development.  https://urbanland.uli.org/economy-markets-trends/smaller-slower-emerging-trends-real-estate-2018-report-predicts-u-s-real-estate-market-cruising-altitude/

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

In terms of Krispy Kreme something bigger could be afoot. Reports are the new German owner may want to buy Dunkin Donuts too and why not base a shared office center or even HQ of the Donut Division right here in Charlotte.  And the reports of exec buying a home in Lake Norman it looked more like a lot purchase so he will be building something.   

http://6abc.com/business/report-krispy-kreme-owner-may-be-looking-to-buy-dunkin-donuts/2595759/

If Dunkin and Krispy Kreme come together why not move HQ to a neutral city with low costs with direct flights to Germany where you can share back office operations? 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1