The Good News Report

atlrvr

11 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Cushman and Wakefield is out with their 1Q 2019 office market reports.  Interesting to note is that they are reporting BofA has renewed their lease in Bank of America Plaza  And that Parker Poe which is over at 3 Wells Fargo is moving to Legacy 1 Bank of America Tower which means that would be their 3rd tenant there after the bank and EY.   

Maybe I missed this in another thread but I hadn't heard that EY was moving there - I that confirmed?

13 minutes ago, NYCLT said:

Maybe I missed this in another thread but I hadn't heard that EY was moving there - I that confirmed?

They are opening a new innovation center in Charlotte and it will at the Railyard that is separate from their regular Charlotte office.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/02/27/ey-to-add-nearly-400-jobs-create.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

They are opening a new innovation center in Charlotte and it will at the Railyard that is separate from their regular Charlotte office.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/02/27/ey-to-add-nearly-400-jobs-create.html

Oh I am aware of that but it seemed like you said that EY was moving their primary office (from BOACC) to Legacy. You said Parker Poe was the third tenant - with EY and BofA

26 minutes ago, NYCLT said:

Oh I am aware of that but it seemed like you said that EY was moving their primary office (from BOACC) to Legacy. You said Parker Poe was the third tenant - with EY and BofA

Sorry that was just EY and their innovation center.   EY is in BofA corp center.   I forgot who the 3rd tenant is in Legacy now but it is an accounting firm and that firm is moving from Duke Energy Center.   So many companies are shuffling around uptown it is hard to keep up. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Sorry that was just EY and their innovation center.   EY is in BofA corp center.   I forgot who the 3rd tenant is in Legacy now but it is an accounting firm and that firm is moving from Duke Energy Center.   So many companies are shuffling around uptown it is hard to keep up. 

Deloitte I believe. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ric0_0 said:

I was doing some corporate Atlanta lurking and I found out that a segment of Roark Capital Group is based in Charlotte (Driven Brands). I searched around on the forum, but I didn't see the name po-up at all. Driven Brands has gobbled up quite a few brands recently.

http://www.drivenbrands.com/news/roark-portfolio-company-driven-brands-acquires-texas-based-express-lube/

https://www.moderntiredealer.com/news/733099/driven-brands-expands-take-5-oil-change-network

Even though one is old, and one is just of some more stores, these acquisitions add up very quickly. This should hopefully mean more jobs for yall in Charlotte. As an Atlantan, I have seen Inspire Brands/Focus Brands (headquartered) in ATL grow very quickly and hire a ton of people. If Driven keeps up, it should hopefully mean more for yall too.

Yeah, Driven is a great company.  We did a bunch of work with them when I was with VEREIT.  They bought all the Lube Stops from Argonne and rebranded them to Take 5.  

17 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Driven Brands is based in the current Ally Building on S Church but they did take some additional space in the 400 South Tryon building.  They are growing for sure.  

This was within the last 18-24 months, right?  I thought they were previously in the building over Hickory Tavern in Midtown.

24 minutes ago, pgsinger said:

Yeah, Driven is a great company.  We did a bunch of work with them when I was with VEREIT.  They bought all the Lube Stops from Argonne and rebranded them to Take 5.  

This was within the last 18-24 months, right?  I thought they were previously in the building over Hickory Tavern in Midtown.

No they have been in Ally Center on S Church for a while they used to be in First Citizens Bank bldg before that I think.  the new space over at 400 South tryon is fairly recent. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Cushman and Wakefield is out with their 1Q 2019 office market reports.  Interesting to note is that they are reporting BofA has renewed their lease in Bank of America Plaza  And that Parker Poe which is over at 3 Wells Fargo is moving to Legacy 1 Bank of America Tower which means that would be their 3rd tenant there after the bank and an accounting firm.   Wells is living up to pushing them out of 3 Wells Fargo and they will backfill that space themselves.    Plus they are reporting Parson Engineering in taking space in the Railyard which makes those twin buildings just about full.  

All of this is good news and the biggest blocks of space uptown are now gone with 300 South Brevard old AT&T building with Wells and the fact BofA is going to continue to lease at Bank of America Plaza.

You can download  your report here

http://www.cushmanwakefield.com/en/research-and-insight/unitedstates/charlotte-office-snapshot/

Key Lease Transactions Q1 2019
PROPERTY SF TENANT TRANSACTION TYPE SUBMARKET
300 S Brevard 331,071 Wells Fargo  New CBD
101 S Tryon 294,607 Bank of America Renew CBD
10101 David Taylor Dr 92,740 Centene Corporation New University
13830 Ballantyne Corporate Pl 77,000 Lincoln Financial New South/485
620 S Tryon St 70,000 Parker Poe New CBD
8333 Forest Point Blvd 61,151 Charter New Airport
4350 Congress St 47,000 Discovery Communications New SouthPark
1422 S Tryon St 39,859 Parsons New Midtown
1422 S Tryon St 30,487 Ernst & Young New Midtown
4725 Piedmont Row Dr 23,175 First Horizon New SouthPark

Another reason I get so steamed.  Wells pushes people (unwillingly) to University and Ballantyne, but silently keeps shifting people around Uptown, and making more space for call center type jobs that SHOULD be out in the 'burbs........:tw_grimace::tw_rage:

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JRNYP2C said:

silently keeps shifting people around Uptown, and making more space for call center type jobs

Can you please provide some proof of this?

They have a MASSIVE complex called the Wells Fargo CIC (Customer Information Center) which has every imaginable customer service group on one campus. This is in North Charlotte (W T Harris Blvd)

2million sqft and 10,000 employees

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/stories/2010/09/27/story3.html

Edited by Scribe

NC is ranked as the #4 best state in the US for business according to Chief Executive Magazine. 

The ones that beat us TX FL and TN and bringing up the rear (and are all a source of new residents for NC is the bottom 5  CT, NJ, IL, NY and California current HQ of Wells but that could change one day)

https://edpnc.com/chief-executive-magazine-again-ranks-north-carolina-a-top-5-state-for-business/

straight from the magazine

https://chiefexecutive.net/best-worst-states-for-business-2019-where-to-be/

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

On 5/2/2019 at 5:40 PM, JRNYP2C said:

Another reason I get so steamed.  Wells pushes people (unwillingly) to University and Ballantyne, but silently keeps shifting people around Uptown, and making more space for call center type jobs that SHOULD be out in the 'burbs........:tw_grimace::tw_rage:

Well its a free-market system. More people "shifted around" uptown will lead to a stronger office market as more space is used and more people work and want to work uptown if there is more going on and more people want to live near work. 

2 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

There is a reliable story near Christmas most years about the poinsettias and their genesis at Metrolina Greenhouses, regardless where you may find them for sale. They ship nationally.

I toured the facility many years in the fall and it was poinsettias as far as the eye could see.  The sell to Walmart and Lowes regionally and I mean southeast. 

• Like 1