The Good News Report

atlrvr

Just now, AirNostrumMAD said:

That’s exciting 

You know me, I love making predictions, but I really just don't know enough about this deal. Just that they are shopping for an Ally Center amount of space. The could mean someone builds another 1M sq foot building, it could mean someone only builds a 650k sq foot building. Could mean that someone builds two 350k sq foot buildings in SouthEnd. Could mean they anchor a campus in Ballantyne or University City.

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Could mean they anchor a campus in Ballantyne or University City.

This would be majorly disappointing in my book.  I am starting to wonder if there is something behind @atlrvr's prediction for Hal Marshall.  I could get behind a campus there, and it makes sense.  They don't have to start with the tallest building in Charlotte.  To RDF's point, they could build one building or two buildings, and still have room to grow into a bigger campus as they organically increase their HQ presence in Charlotte.

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 3

My bet would be a new tower for their top execs in uptown Charlotte and possibly a 2nd site office building for support staff.   BB&T and Sun Trust do have their primary offices both in downtown Winston and Atlanta and they seem committed to CBD type of space (new building in downtown Wilson) but they are smart and money wise too and what does not have to be downtown uptown they will go with suburban.     Overall it is still exciting and I think they will want a new identity in uptown Charlotte from their existing offices.  Plus they do own 2 suburban buildings at Lakepointe Corp Park that they are consolidating some of the existing support staff in Charlotte. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Good news is that we have 6 Fortune 500 companies based in the area with 2 more coming SunTrust BB&T and Honeywell.  However one of F500 companies fell off Sealed Air is now down to #555 on the F500 list due to its spinoff of Diversey.   Newcomer Brighthouse Financial is #342 on the list. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/05/16/charlotte-area-sees-shakeup-in-companies-on-new.html

I would say next year could see four new F500 companies in Charlotte: Coca-Cola Consolidated (which broke the top 600 this year), Honeywell, Suntrust/BB&T, and the Ingersoll Rand spin-off. And I wonder if Sealed Air might rebound too...

• Like 2

On 5/17/2019 at 2:26 PM, Rufus said:

I would say next year could see four new F500 companies in Charlotte: Coca-Cola Consolidated (which broke the top 600 this year), Honeywell, Suntrust/BB&T, and the Ingersoll Rand spin-off. And I wonder if Sealed Air might rebound too...

I think you are actually missing one. Fortune 500 doesn't count it, but the Charlotte Regional Business Alliance does.

https://charlotteregion.com/eco-dev/fortune-500-and-1000-companies-in-charlotte/

Commscope bought Arris for around 7 billion. This should easily help it crack the Fortune 500.

https://www.multichannel.com/news/commscope-closes-arris-purchase

• Like 3

Fortune 500 Companies By Revenue Growth and Profit Growth

• (25) BOA                              10.3%                                    54.4%
  • (120) Nucor                          23.8%                                    79%
  • (126) Duke Energy          4%                                             -12.8%
  • (316) Sonic Automotive  0.9%                                    -44.5%
  • (342) Brighthouse (first time on list)
  • (555) Sealed Air                    -22.8%                                -76.3%    (separated from Diversey so understandable)
  • (563) Cola Consolidated    7%                                         -120.6%
  • (590) JELD-WEN             15.5%                                        1237.8%
  • (702) Abermarle                 9.9%                                         1164.5%
  • (962) SPX Flow                      7.1%                                        -5.2%                

Can someone explain how JELD and Abermarle increase their profits by soo much. Also, why did Coca-Consolidated profits fall so much.

• Like 1

^^^^ this will be good news all around         20 plus acres for redevelopment uptown and industrial jobs for a ring county that needs good paying jobs.  Charlotte Pipe and Foundry will move to Stanly County and not out of state which is also good and expand its employment from what it seems from this article.  

Oakboro is a great town and my favorite ring county Mexican restaurant is right downtown.

https://www.losjacubesmexicanrestaurant.com/

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

yall laughing, I'm dead serious. Been calling this for a few months.

I know that is a possibility but does Mr Tepper think the state and the city are going to build a billion dollar stadium for him?   I guess that is the billion dollar question? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I know that is a possibility but does Mr Tepper think the state and the city are going to build a billion dollar stadium for him?   I guess that is the billion dollar question? 

I think the City & State will give him at least $700M

5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

yall laughing, I'm dead serious. Been calling this for a few months.

I can't imagine he could even start building there for 5-10 years, right?  CP&F have to get new site built and up &running, then clear everything off of current site, and then the environmental testing and remediation will be a bit** I'm sure.

That said, he is the logical buyer.