The Good News Report

atlrvr

I agree Tepper will buy this site, He got money from SC for the practice complex and now hell go to NC for a stadium a few years down the road. Once a new stadium is built the current BofA stadium will be demolished and by that time we'll be getting a MLB team and they'll have their site downtown(current panthers stadium site)

• Like 2

I am playing devil's advocate here: do we need a new stadium because we need a roof and one can't be put on the existing one?  Is  there no renovations that can be done to the existing stadium to make it up to date?  What are the new features all stadiums have that we are lacking?  I am asking this seriously because if you are asking taxpayers of this state and city and county to pay for this we deserve to know.  

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, EllAyyDub said:

I can't imagine he could even start building there for 5-10 years, right?  CP&F have to get new site built and up &running, then clear everything off of current site, and then the environmental testing and remediation will be a bit** I'm sure.

That said, he is the logical buyer.

Remediation and testing started 6 months ago from what I understand. CP&F is well aware of the amount of remediation that'll be needed, just to sell the property. Keep in mind tho,a the largest environmental impacts will be on the foundry itself, which would be on the smaller piece of developable land.

Edited by Guest

One point, though: If you look at the footprint of the current stadium on Google maps, it would *barely* fit within the Pipe & Foundry property, and that's covering Clarkson and envisioning a complete re-routing or elimination of the street. I'm not an engineer or architect, so I'm not in any way stating it can't be done, but it looks to me, just from a side by side comparison, it'll take a high degree of ingenuity. Maybe rounding the corners of a new stadium and building more vertically is a workable solution... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jjwilli said:

If you are looking at the actual foundry site (17ish acres) then yeah, not going to fit there. But that wedge between 77, 277, and Morehead is actually almost twice as large as the current stadium site (40 acres vs 21).

Stadium.thumb.JPG.84eab751d8bfdf754cd9481d4552c975.JPG site.

If we were to build a new stadium, this seems like the ideal spot. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ertley said:

One point, though: If you look at the footprint of the current stadium on Google maps, it would *barely* fit within the Pipe & Foundry property, and that's covering Clarkson and envisioning a complete re-routing or elimination of the street. I'm not an engineer or architect, so I'm not in any way stating it can't be done, but it looks to me, just from a side by side comparison, it'll take a high degree of ingenuity. Maybe rounding the corners of a new stadium and building more vertically is a workable solution... 

I have this redrawn on my iPad at home from like 2 months ago. I never finished it because my apple pen broke, but I got somewhere with how to reroute all the roads.

2 hours ago, R.Talbott said:

Taxpayers 

Well, some want me to pay for I-77 both with my taxes and tolls (double paying) as well as continue to pay the 1/2 cent sales tax for every other part of Charlotte to have a train except North Meck, so how about help this Panthers fan out with tax dollars for a new stadium?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Charlotte landing the Lowe's tech center would be yuge... And go a long way towards diversifying the economy, adding even more employment uptown or Southend and getting some very attractive tech jobs. 

Edited by HopHead
  • Like 3