The Good News Report

atlrvr

6 minutes ago, a2theb said:

waaaaait, are floors 2-5 deck?

It appears so. Which may be a good thing :dunno:   because that area is already tough to find parking. And despite our best intent and hopes, not everyone will scoot or light rail to Jeni's and/or work.

Edited by Urban Cowboy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Urban Cowboy said:

It appears so. Which may be a good thing :dunno:   because that area is already tough to find parking. And despite our best intent and hopes, not everyone will scoot or light rail to Jeni's and/or work.

I'm already worried about how this area is going to handle this many more daily workers.  Light rail is already packed to the gills during rush hour and auto traffic is just as bad.  Add Portman and The Square and we have a debacle on our hands.

Hopefully most of these workers will be coming from Southend.

• Like 1

Just now, Urban Cowboy said:

It appears so. Which is may be a good thing :dunno:   because that area is already tough to find parking. And despite our best intent and hopes, not everyone will scoot or light rail to Jeni's and/or work.

As I can't really light rail it from my neighborhood near SouthPark, I'm admittedly happy about the deck for my visits to SouthEnd 

7 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Welcome. Now is a great time to join. I've been on here for 12 years and this is the most ive ever been excited for Charlotte. It seems like everything is hitting critical mass right now. If we can grab another HQ or 2 :tw_tounge_xd: we could immediately jump into the next tier of skylines and cities. Lowes does a great job of stretching that skyline to the south and west. 

Agree!  Was just thinking,  though Charlotte is definitely headed in the right direction,  it could still use another HQ... Getting Lowes  Tech Center is a statement!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, CTiger said:

I'm already worried about how this area is going to handle this many more daily workers.  Light rail is already packed to the gills during rush hour and auto traffic is just as bad.  Add Portman and The Square and we have a debacle on our hands.

Hopefully most of these workers will be coming from Southend.

or CATS can expand the trains to 3 carriages and run more frequently. Oh hang on... its CATS ... 

• Like 1

The thing that's pretty amazing to me is that even just a few years ago, Charlotte was an after thought when it came to Technology jobs compared to many other metros. I work in IT so I've certainly noticed the shift in these types of jobs coming here recently. So this is welcome news and a huge win for CLT. 

• Like 3

We are having a good start to 2019, it seems like we have a new high rise announcement each month.  So far, we have seen Lowe’s, Honeywell, Duke and Lending Tree all make announcements for new buildings in 2019.  I am sure I missed some like the 13 story apartment building in Southend and others.  Hope the trend continues.

• Like 2