The Good News Report

atlrvr

21 hours ago, nicholas said:

Looks like Charlotte will be getting a very exclusive Koenigsegg dealership soon.  The Swedish million-dollar hypercar maker currently has six dealerships in America (Beverly Hills, Chicago, Dallas, Miami, Newport Beach, and NYC).

https://koenigseggnc.com/

And yet still no Ferrari dealer.

3 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Doesn't the high-end dealership on Tyvola right off the highway sell Ferraris? They're not Ferrari-specific but I've seen some there before.

Foreign Cars Charlotte and Metrolina Auto Group both have a large inventory of Ferraris. Looks like the Koenigsegg franchise will be a part of Metrolina Auto Group (same address), but branded with its own website / name as an "official" dealer on the Metrolina Auto Group campus. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

I saw a Lamborghini Urus high riding thing at Park Road shopping center two weeks ago.

http://www.dreamworksmotorsports.com/trai-turner-dw-spotlight

This bilge green color so had to be Panthers' Trai Turner (or family member)

That's a Lambo? Looks like a Honda.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Wiggum said:

Apparently  Mr. Turner loves some Slim and Swae; that is the definition of "slime green paint peanut butter inside." Unfortunately for him, Rae Sremmurd was talking about a Huracan, not the Lamborghini Odyssey.

Trae’s a big dude...in his defense he may not fit in a Huracan lol

• Haha 3

^^^ the above Wake Forest Atrium partnership is indeed really good news for both cities and especially for Charlotte where we will get a branch of their vaulted medical school. 

Forbes listed its best cities for business and careers and NC has 4 in the top 20 and 2 Raleigh and Charlotte in the top 10. 

https://www.forbes.com/best-places-for-business/list/#tab:overall

Raleigh #3  Charlotte #7 Asheville # 14 and Wilmington Durham # 17     Nashville came in for example at #15 Austin #8

This shows the strength of NC and its metros.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Doesn't the high-end dealership on Tyvola right off the highway sell Ferraris? They're not Ferrari-specific but I've seen some there before.

I thought I was keeping up with the car scene in the QC, apparently I'm not doing a good job.  That dealership was originally the Charlotte branch of Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro, which is the third-oldest Ferrari dealership in America.  I am almost positive they used to sell and service Ferraris and Porsches at the Charlotte location as well, but it looks like they've completely stopped support for Ferrari and Porsche, and have replaced those with Alfa Romeo and Bentley (which have joined the existing Aston Martin and Maserati brands).  Greensboro still sells Aston Martin, Ferrari, Maserati, and Porsche.  The Lambo dealership on Independence moved here from Greensboro, so maybe they'll move the Ferrari showroom back to Charlotte.

9 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

I saw a Lamborghini Urus high riding thing at Park Road shopping center two weeks ago.

http://www.dreamworksmotorsports.com/trai-turner-dw-spotlight

This bilge green color so had to be Panthers' Trai Turner (or family member)

I saw that sitting outside the Lambo dealership on Independence a few weeks ago.  It was gone when I drove past a few hours later.  Cam Newton has an Urus as well, except it's matte grey, and I actually happened to see it driving through uptown (at McDowell and 3rd St) a few hours ago.  I've also seen it on Morehead at Tryon in South End.

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, kickazzz2000 said:

Isn’t there one in Greensboro? At least I think that’s what I see on the side of the Interstate....

(disregard I just read Nicholas’ post)

Edited by A2.
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kickazzz2000 said:

Yep, and no Rolls dealer either.  Foreign Cars on Tyvola sells used Ferrari’s and most likely would sell a new one through Greensboro.  But, they only sell Aston, Maserati, Alfa and Bentley new cars.  Lambo Charlotte sells new Lambos on Independence.  Mclaren is on South....good news about koenigsegg.

Not sure where to put this....they will propose a new $100mm main library according to the Observer.  But, it mentions 86k sq feet.  Is that right?  Seems like a lot of money for 86k.

4 minutes ago, CLT_sc said:

Yep, and no Rolls dealer either.  Foreign Cars on Tyvola sells used Ferrari’s and most likely would sell a new one through Greensboro.  But, they only sell Aston, Maserati, Alfa and Bentley new cars.  Lambo Charlotte sells new Lambos on Independence.  Mclaren is on South....good news about koenigsegg.

Not sure where to put this....they will propose a new $100mm main library according to the Observer.  But, it mentions 86k sq feet.  Is that right?  Seems like a lot of money for 86k.

I believe there is a Lamborghini dealership opening on Independence 

On 11/4/2019 at 8:39 PM, CLT_sc said:

There's actually a Rolls-Royce dealership in Raleigh.  Can't imagine they sell many new cars there though.  Not that I see a ton of them rolling around Charlotte, but they're maybe a once or twice-a-year sighting in Raleigh.  Fun fact is that the Raleigh Rolls-Royce dealership is apparently one of only two standalone Rolls-Royce dealerships in the world. 

• Like 2

North Carolina is both a sticky state (natives hard pressed to leave) and a magnet state.  Here is a study talking about our stickiness.

As a NC native who live 20 years outside the state you could not blast me out of NC now.  I am here until the good Lord takes me. 

https://magazine.realtor/daily-news/2019/11/20/the-states-people-are-most-and-least-attached-to

Notice NC is the top destination state for 2 adjoining states VA and SC.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

North Carolina is both a sticky state (natives hard pressed to leave) and a magnet state.  Here is a study talking about our stickiness.

As a NC native who live 20 years outside the state you could not blast me out of NC now.  I am here until the good Lord takes me. 

https://magazine.realtor/daily-news/2019/11/20/the-states-people-are-most-and-least-attached-to

Notice NC is the top destination state for 2 adjoining states VA and SC.  

Noble sentiments & reminds me of a famous stanza from Carolina's alma mater song - "Hark the Sound" by Wm. Starr Myers @1897:  

I'm a Tar Heel born
I'm a Tar Heel bred
And when I die
I'm a Tar Heel dead.
So it's Rah, Rah, Car'lina-lina
Rah, Rah, Car'lina-lina
Rah, Rah, Car'lina-lina
Rah! Rah! Rah!

• Like 3