The Good News Report

atlrvr

here is some good football news on an otherwise bad day UNC Charlotte is going bowling in the Bahamas.   #ClubLit is officially international now.   (and this helps Charlotte's profile (city and university) 

Dec. 20 vs Buffalo on ESPN

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/cfb-team-has-wildest-locker-room-celebration-after-becoming-bowl-eligible/

what y'all think should I get this CharLit shirt?

https://www.charlitapparel.com/collections/shop-t-shirts/products/doh-tee-heather-grey

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pgsinger said:

Yes, and more importantly so are Eric Washington, Norv Turner, and Kyle Allen.

I think Allen can be a serviceable backup, but he's getting absolutely destroyed by our offensive line.  He's only made like 11 starts now I think?  It took Cam several years to get to an elite level, even as a #1 overall pick - over the first few years of his career, I remember feeling like the game was over if he turned the ball over just once.

We definitely need a new coaching staff because it's clear that Rivera and Co can't adjust to schematic changes by other teams.

7 minutes ago, csweet said:

Another REAL Good News Report, seeing some action that Charlotte is going to be awarded the MLS expansion on Thursday. 

I should probably put this in the MLS thread, but just happened to read this in the Biz Journal.  Says Thurs is their exec meeting in NYC, but that the next team announcement will be made in the city selected, not at the NYC meeting... ?

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/12/02/mls-will-announce-decision-on-expansion-team-in.html

9 minutes ago, csweet said:

Another REAL Good News Report, seeing some action that Charlotte is going to be awarded the MLS expansion on Thursday. 

Yep, I'm seeing Thursday or Friday. MLS Board of Governors meet Thursday and they've said any announcement will be in the city they're announcing, so we can expect to hear about a "special event" here in Charlotte this week if this is true. Looks like it's happening.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turbocraig said:

I should probably put this in the MLS thread, but just happened to read this in the Biz Journal.  Says Thurs is their exec meeting in NYC, but that the next team announcement will be made in the city selected, not at the NYC meeting... ?

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/12/02/mls-will-announce-decision-on-expansion-team-in.html

Wow, increasing the number of events at the stadium by 17 (or more) games per year is not a small thing. This will certainly spawn more 3rd ward restaurants, bars and maybe some buskers. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, NOLA2CLT said:

you think?  I would assume if there is a new stadium, that the old one would remain...are you hearing anything specific?

You might want to check out the MLS thread and/or the Panthers thread, but the general educated guess is Tepper will buy the Pipe and Foundry location, build a domed/retractable roof stadium to support NFL and MLS like in Atlanta, and build an entertainment district around the stadium.  If not at the Pipe and Foundry location, this still seems to be the most likely scenario regardless where the new stadium is built.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, mpretori said:

Yikes, chemical leaching from Lithium is one of the worst of any mining. Not good for air pollution either, not sure its a great thing. At all. 

• Like 2