The Good News Report

atlrvr

14 hours ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Everyone thinks their city/state has the worst drivers.

I don't.  Compared to Denver the lack of skill (drivers education?) Here was very obvious to everyone of us. 

Also as soon as we crossed the mason dixon line when driving down from the north we learned to watch much more carefully for idiot's. Usually could tell the difference by MD then it became steadily worse. 

A funny aside is there's very little unnecessary honking in Denver for some reason. Locals told me all the gun racks make you think twice.  B.s. to me but funny.  

2 hours ago, elrodvt said:

I don't.  Compared to Denver the lack of skill (drivers education?) Here was very obvious to everyone of us. 

Also as soon as we crossed the mason dixon line when driving down from the north we learned to watch much more carefully for idiot's. Usually could tell the difference by MD then it became steadily worse. 

A funny aside is there's very little unnecessary honking in Denver for some reason. Locals told me all the gun racks make you think twice.  B.s. to me but funny.  

Please take your yankee complaining ass back north...please

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

Please take your yankee complaining ass back north...please

That's literally the most stereotypical Southern response that could be given. If people think Southerners are bad drivers, so what. I think starting in DC (Not VA. Omg. Those people drive SO slow and leave like 5 car lengths. 

Then in DC, I dunno how crossing a bridge from VA to DC is a huge difference in drivers but I think it is. People randomly honking for no d@mn reasons. Or honking because they don't see whats going on infront (Yeah. A pedestrian is crossing and now you look stupid for trying to pass, now ur stuck in the wrong lane)

Then I just think the further North you go, the more dumb the  drivers get up until after New York. Jersey being the epicenter of 'tard drivers.  I think it's because they try to be overly aggressive just to fit a certain narrative  but they just always look dumb to me. Switching lanes to speed up just to have to slam on the breaks and fall back behind, hope lanes back and forth aggressively but making no progress on going any faster...

I think a lot of ya'll need to take a time out :p Too much sensitivities and romper room going on lately. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2020 at 11:23 AM, kermit said:

I am surprised that rates have remained low despite the flood of Yankee drivers. 

State regulation of our auto insurance gets much of the credit for our relatively low rates (SC and KY have very similar urban/rural geographies and climate, regulation is the only big difference).  Sometimes regulation is good. Who would have thunk it?

Blind squirrel ...

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, davidclt said:

No, drivers in the Pacific Northwest are infuriatingly awful. It's raining, SLOW DOWN! It's sunny, SLOW DOWN! It's windy, SLOW DOWN! The mountain is out, SLOW DOWN! It's a day ending in "y", SLOW DOWN!  The road is empty, get in the left lane and do the speed limit, just because. Drivers drive alongside each other for miles with the person in the left lane maintaining pace with people in lanes to the right of them with nothing in front of them. I'm not sure if it's cluelessness, sanctimony or just not caring? There is much to like about the PNW, but the drivers really are awful.

I lived in St Louis for 3 years and the drivers there are the same.  If you have an exit or a turn coming up you better prepare for it miles ahead, because getting over to the turn lane is damn near impossible with everyone going 55 and lined up bumper to bumper and side to side.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Charlotte had one of its BEST years ever in the office space absorption area.   Look at this report from Cushman and Wakefield.

Uptown is the largest submarket with close to 20 M sq ft of office space yet only on 7.5% is vacant! 

http://www.cushmanwakefield.com/en/research-and-insight/unitedstates/charlotte-office-snapshot/

Great report.  So is vacancy uptown 7.5% or 5.7%?  Report has both listed.  Perhaps the 5.7 is a typo on slide 2 as it's the inverse of the 7.5??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, navigator319 said:

Great report.  So is vacancy uptown 7.5% or 5.7%?  Report has both listed.  Perhaps the 5.7 is a typo on slide 2 as it's the inverse of the 7.5??

It is 7.5% that is a misprint.   anyway it is low however when the new buildings all open like Legacy 2 there will be some open space and the new tower announced on N Tryon and the FNB Tower is opened.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

It is 7.5% that is a misprint.   anyway it is low however when the new buildings all open like Legacy 2 there will be some open space and the new tower announced on N Tryon and the FNB Tower is opened.  

I wouldn't be surprised if every new tower isn't 80 - 95% leased by the time they open. 

Some developer needs to start going hard on spec, like Kane in Raleigh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

I wouldn't be surprised if every new tower isn't 80 - 95% leased by the time they open. 

Some developer needs to start going hard on spec, like Kane in Raleigh. 

This still leaves backfill opportunity, like BofA Plaza being vacated for BofA Tower.  Maybe US Bank goes there; maybe they don't. Don't forget Ballantyne space being built spec, and there is also a ton of spec space left at Spectrum Vantage, and feasibly in other to-be-built South End towers.  I agree though CLT office market is still en fuego. Pretty incredible compared to some other similar sized markets.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

This still leaves backfill opportunity, like BofA Plaza being vacated for BofA Tower.  Maybe US Bank goes there; maybe they don't. Don't forget Ballantyne space being built spec, and there is also a ton of spec space left at Spectrum Vantage, and feasibly in other to-be-built South End towers.  I agree though CLT office market is still en fuego. Pretty incredible compared to some other similar sized markets.

Places like Atlanta, Houston, Austin and SF never really had a slow down over the last 20 years... Could be Charlotte goes through the same progression

• Like 1