The Good News Report

atlrvr

11 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

FYI All - Curbed.com just published an article for “10 Best Cities to move to right now” and listed Charlotte among the chosen few.  That’s pretty impressive even though I’m not sure how they rate these things.  Also noted Raleigh as well.  NC was only the only State with two (2) Cities on the list.  Anyway here’s their opinion:

Arlington, VA

Boise, ID

Charlotte, NC

Dallas, TX

Denver, CO

Madison, WI

Minneapolis, MN

Provo, UT

Raleigh, NC

St. Louis, MO

These surveys are so friggin stupid. No offense intended but I think I could easily make East armpit #1. Click bait.

16 minutes ago, Mgelbach said:

Is that supposed to be the Legacy tower on the left??

I am constantly embarrassed by graphic designers nation wide. I cannot believe how lazy some skyline graphics are. 

image.thumb.png.5149fc4f3f723da33fe8d7daac303e5f.png

Here you go 10 min work.. Its not perfect, but 10 min, that's it.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, QCxpat said:

Today's CBJ - "Buzz - Charlotte gets high marks again for livability" by Jen Wilson

"Another week, another ranking declaring the two largest metros in North Carolina to be among the best places to live. This time, the ranking comes from Curbed, a website by Vox Media that makes "celebrating, chronicling, and explaining everything you need to know about homes, neighborhoods, and cities" its mission.  Both Charlotte and Raleigh landed on Curb's list of the  "10 best cities in the US to move right now", presented in alphabetical order.  The article cites the Queen City's supposed status as a "millennial boomtown" and its staggering amount of development activity, noting apartment construction as well as office projects such as the Lowe's tech hub for South End and the Ally Charlotte Center uptown, which will be home to an expanded presence for the lender.  "Over the last decade, Charlotte has been the epicenter of a rapid regional expansion that has reshaped the skyline and added nearly 50,000 apartments," Curbed writes of the city. "But Charlotte isn’t just growing up, it’s densifying and diversifying, with a new light-rail line serving as a conduit for $800 million worth of new development, its own Rail Trail, and a focus on walkable urbanism in Uptown and North Tryon."  The Curbed feature comes on the heels of a ranking that gave Charlotte and Raleigh high marks for qualify of life (QOL) compared to other cities around the globe.  In addition, Charlotte has recently been recognized among 2020's hottest housing markets by real estate powerhouse Zillow Group; as a promising spot for job prospects this year by Forbes; and as a top destination for relocations by truck-rental giant U-Haul."

creq-office-construction-skyline-mk022.j

Photo credit: MELISSA KEY

Link:  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/02/13/cbj-morning-buzz-charlotte-gets-high-marks-again.html

Beat me to the post.  Thank you for posting this.  Nice article.  Even more impressive?  North Carolina, again, is the only state represented by two cities.  This seems to be becoming a theme...  Good for us.  NC: 2; GA/TN: 0

Oh, and by the way, not a crappy pic of Charlotte or Raleigh.

Edited by Phillydog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I am constantly embarrassed by graphic designers nation wide. I cannot believe how lazy some skyline graphics are. 

image.thumb.png.5149fc4f3f723da33fe8d7daac303e5f.png

Here you go 10 min work.. Its not perfect, but 10 min, that's it.

Pretty boring if you ask me, mono-color with copy and paste building outlines. The design by Canopy is more eclectic and colorful, what CLT is all about. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

I clicked the link and it could be renamed the Charleston edition. two dozen features about them and a triangle item and one small Charlotte item.

hence me pitching lol

9 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

I clicked the link and it could be renamed the Charleston edition. two dozen features about them and a triangle item and one small Charlotte item.

It WAS the Charleston Eater. It is now pivoting, there will be more Charlotte articles. 

If we could only get a Carolinas Curbed...

• Like 1