The Good News Report

atlrvr

18 hours ago, KJHburg said:

this is CLT airport news but really good news so I will put it here.

Erik Spanberg
@CBJspanberg
·
@CLTAirport
 to announce "record-breaking passenger and operation numbers" on Tuesday. CLT passenger traffic reached an all-time high of 46.4 million in 2019

I doubt, but I hope that its 50 million. That's too much of an increase over the last year, but would be a great selling point. 

• Like 1

Through November.  CLT was already 3.1 million ahead of last years number's through November.    It may not be 50 million, but it's going to be really close.   If you use a growth rate of 7.25% (the average of enplanement/deplanement growth rates this year thus far)  on last year's number of 46,444,380.  It projects to 49,811,598

https://assets.ctfassets.net/jaw4bomip9l3/bzBcxhuI56RhvQpdat06e/055dee0576c9463f4f0a95dcb18f8952/Pages_from_1119_November_2019.pdf

Edited by CltFlyer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, thenewkage95 said:

Not more than mad cow, MRSA, swine flu, zika, and ebola all in the last decade or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, since you mentioned it, this is most similar to SARS, which saw the outbreak start February 2003....I don't know what else could have dampered demand and the economy was fine, so I'll suggest the Charlotte airport traffic count suggests exactly that.......good news, next year should be good.

2000 23,073,894 2010 38,254,207
2001 23,177,555 2011 39,043,708
2002 23,597,926 2012 41,228,372
2003 23,062,570 2013 43,456,310
2004 25,162,943 2014 44,279,504
2005 28,206,052 2015 44,876,627
2006 29,693,949 2016 44,422,022
2007 33,165,688 2017 45,909,899
2008 34,739,020 2018 46,444,380
2009 34,536,666 2019

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

The Charlotte metro officially gained another Fortune 500 headquarters as the new Ingersoll Rand  completed its merger with Gardner Denver and is based on the Davidson campus. It will have $6.6 billion in revenue to qualify for the Fortune 500. While Ingersoll Rand has had their North American HQ in Davidson for years, it did not officially rank as a Fortune 500 HQ for Charlotte since the headquarters was technically Ireland for tax purposes. With the merger, Davidson is now the global HQ. The Trane Technologies division that becomes a separate public company will continue to be headquartered in Ireland with their North American HQ on the Davidson campus. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/03/02/whats-next-as-ingersoll-rand-trane-technologies.html

Between Honeywell, Truist Financial, and Ingersoll Rand, Charlotte will gain 3 headquarters on the next Fortune 500 report. 

Not sure bc Ingersoll-Rand is technically HQ'd in Ireland, which is why it wasn't on past F500 lists. I wonder if the new IR and Trane will be listed. 

30 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

It says Charlotte in the Article.

Yes, the corporate headquarter positions are in Charlotte, but the legal domicile of the business is incorporated in Ireland. Tons of US companies do this. So, it's less of a HQ in name, but definitely a win in action. If it's in name too, that's great for bragging rights. 

Team News Special: From the CEO - Minimum wage

We will raise minimum hourly pay levels in majority of U.S. markets

3/4/2020
By Charlie Scharf, CEO

CEO and President Charlie Scharf

Our people are what set Wells Fargo apart. We have an obligation to help our employees reach their potential, and an important part of this is ensuring we are doing our part to pay employees at a rate that recognizes the difference in cost of living across the country.

In recent years, Wells Fargo has increased its minimum hourly base pay in the U.S. by 32%, most recently to $15 in March 2018. Today, I am pleased to announce our company will be raising minimum hourly pay levels in a majority of our U.S. markets. Minimum pay will be tiered based on various factors, including the cost of living in different markets, with the minimum hourly pay ranging from $15 to $20 based on employee location. The pay increases will go into effect by the end of this year.

The amount of the hourly increase takes into account the cost of living in each Wells Fargo market. Market area 0 will increase to $20 per hour; area 1 to $18; area 2 to $16; and area 3 will remain at $15

<snip>

per the WF area lookup tool, Charlotte is Market Area 2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

this is good news and I hope the church can work this out for their affordable housing project uptown.
https://www.wfae.org/post/uptown-charlotte-church-wants-build-affordable-housing#stream/0

This was mentioned a few years back on this board by someone that works for the church. I’ve heard parking requirements are a big hurdle for this project, the city is requiring $20M worth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

This was mentioned a few years back on this board by someone that works for the church. I’ve heard parking requirements are a big hurdle for this project, the city is requiring $20M worth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

looks like the city should or could waive that if some garage nearby allows for some leasing of spaces.  uptown is one of the few places in town you could live without a vehicle for sure. 

• Like 2

Great for the church to be stepping up like they are... but that is the child care center for my kids!  There is already a garage  "attached" to that area tied to the 525 N Tryon office building (the "hut" next to the playground is an elevator). However, it is not a very big garage with only 3 or four levels underground. Seems like they could make something work.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JHart said:

It was questioning if this was prior to the new TOD zoning requirements. The article said multi-use development that would hopefully fall under reduced requirements

This is UMUD which for some reason still has parking requirements.

14 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Oh man what a huge mistake.  Hopefully the City can make changes quickly.  I think if they could offer transit passes to residents instead, the optics of that would be *excellent* as a move that is pro-urbanism, pro-environment, and pro-affordable housing.  Reducing the need for working class people to buy, maintain, and park expensive vehicles should be a completely compatible goal with affordable housing in Uptown.  

• Like 2