The Good News Report

atlrvr

Charlotte and NC had a very good representation this year on both the Fortune 500 and 1000 lists. Although I'm still surprised GA edged out NC with more Fortune 500/1000 companies in total. It's also very interresting (for me at least) to see how spread out a lot of the companies are compared to GA where they are centered on Atlanta and Columbus (Aflac, Synovus, and used to have TSYS). 

21 minutes ago, Ric0_0 said:

Charlotte and NC had a very good representation this year on both the Fortune 500 and 1000 lists. Although I'm still surprised GA edged out NC with more Fortune 500/1000 companies in total. It's also very interresting (for me at least) to see how spread out a lot of the companies are compared to GA where they are centered on Atlanta and Columbus (Aflac, Synovus, and used to have TSYS). 

At the state level, North Carolina is held back by the Triad and Triangle punching below their weight on Fortune 500 HQ's. The Charlotte area is less than 25% of the population of North Carolina, but accounts for ~62% of Fortune 500 companies in the state. The Triangle economy is just different though and less of a corporate HQ town with a significant portion of their economy being government, non-profits, and education. The Triangle has many large North American headquarters or important facilities, but is not technically the headquarters of many large firms (much like the Wells Fargo situation in Charlotte -> massive campus, but not "technically" HQ).  

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

At the state level, North Carolina is held back by the Triad and Triangle punching below their weight on Fortune 500 HQ's. The Charlotte area is less than 25% of the population of North Carolina, but accounts for ~62% of Fortune 500 companies in the state. The Triangle economy is just different though and less of a corporate HQ town with a significant portion of their economy being government, non-profits, and education. The Triangle has many large North American headquarters or important facilities, but is not technically the headquarters of many large firms (much like the Wells Fargo situation in Charlotte -> massive campus, but not "technically" HQ).  

I think what you are seeing in the Triangle is a heavy BIO cluster. With a lot of CRO and biomedical firms locating there, the F1000 #s look a lot better than people think. And Raleigh has become somewhat of a corporate relocation site in the last 5 years with BMC, Cornerstone Building Supply, and Advanced Auto Parts relocating or merging there. 

• Like 1

KJ, you are a damn fine investigative writer. Any reputable business publication reporter/photographer would be hard pressed to top your ability of fact finding. So here's my challenge for you: Find someone at Duke that give us some insight on underground wiring. All of these wonderful Charlotte projects have an eyesore of distraction with all of the exposed clutter in the air (I'm referring to the power lines). Since you know everyone in townI am sure that you have an "in" with someone at Duke that can at least give you a timetable?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stiluvclt said:

KJ, you are a damn fine investigative writer. Any reputable business publication reporter/photographer would be hard pressed to top your ability of fact finding. So here's my challenge for you: Find someone at Duke that give us some insight on underground wiring. All of these wonderful Charlotte projects have an eyesore of distraction with all of the exposed clutter in the air (I'm referring to the power lines). Since you know everyone in townI am sure that you have an "in" with someone at Duke that can at least give you a timetable?

The developers will tell you its duke, and duke will tell you its the developers. I've been far down this road.

21 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Charlotte Regional Partnership report about Fortune 500 company HQ with 9 in the region and best showing for the area since 2007.   And keep the sales up SPX Flow to keep your spot in the Fortune 1000. 

https://charlotteregion.com/index.php

Fortune_1000_2020.jpg

Quite the downfall for SPX which once was on the F500 before it split into SPX Flow and SPX Corp. And now, neither one can keep up with the F1000. It is quite interesting though...I've done quite a bit of work on the $1b Public Companies in the region, and there are about 5-10 more in the $1-2b range. Interested to see how Ingersoll-Rand and their current network of spinning off will work out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufus said:

I've done quite a bit of work on the $1b Public Companies in the region, and there are about 5-10 more in the $1-2b range. Interested to see how Ingersoll-Rand and their current network of spinning off will work out. 

If you don’t mind, could you list the other companies in the $1-2b range?

1 hour ago, Rufus said:

Clearly my numbers are off by virtue of the F1000 numbers, but these were taken from NYSE and NASDAQ filings that are public to view. This was last updated in early March before the beginning of the shutdown in NYC. 

This is fantastic!!!

15 hours ago, kickazzz2000 said:

Other than Charlotte, a higher ratio of F500 to metro population is correlated with...having major league baseball.

Just an observation...

Hey just give it a decade and it'll make sense for Charlotte too.

• Like 3

On 5/28/2020 at 2:37 PM, JonhG said:

If you need quality translations, then there is one good service from this review  https://pickwriters.com/technical-translation-services , called TheWordPoint, they professionally translate in many languages. They also have a “demo version” feature in which you can translate phrases or quotes for free. For minimal phrases or similar greetings, this will be enough, and at the same time it will look competently.

Can't tell if this is spam or a legitimate comment... :huh:

Edited by nicholas
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...