The Good News Report

atlrvr

7 hours ago, King of the Queen City said:

Was there anything recognizable in the Hallmark movie? It would be nice if they actually set one in Charlotte, but I guess in one way it is fitting since Charlotte was Nashville before Nashville.

Yes the Blumenthal, Nascar Plaza plaza, top of AC by Marriott uptown ....  others were private homes in Charlotte.  Country music production started in Charlotte then moved to Nashville and they stole that from us due to a stronger radio station centrally located.  

Nashville has a great brand recognition for sure much more known than Charlotte.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

YES Arrival has arrived so says the Mayor 150 new jobs $3 Million investment into Charlotte offices. 

from Oct Biz Journal article 

London electric vehicle company to open office in Charlotte's South End - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

Arrival establishes its North American Headquarters in Charlotte N.C. Read more: https://arrival.com/news/Arrival-establishes-its-North-American-Headquarters-in-Charlotte-NC Watch announcement live: https://youtube.com/watch?v=4j6e-_cZ7xA

aww, old news

2 hours ago, atlrvr said:

Maybe it'll be corp HQ for XPO's new business.... it's splitting in half, and I think the new business is already what is primarily in Ballantyne.

Not to start a speculation fantasy -- but this would be huge. I didn't know the logistics part had a presence in Charlotte. This is a $16b company splitting in two, so one can assume both would be F500. Gaining that would be massive for the area. I still think Charlotte has a chance to take on a role as a Logistics Hub. We did it with banking, finance, and energy. Why not this? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Charlotte, Raleigh, Greenville NC and Wilmington all in the top 20 of inbound moves based on population and NC is the 2nd most popular state.  None of this should surprise anyone who lives here with all the New York, NJ, Florida, California tags I am seeing around town.

Charlotte is a top moving destination in 2020. But this small North Carolina city tops the list. - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

• Like 3

On 12/28/2020 at 8:10 PM, KJHburg said:

Charlotte, Raleigh, Greenville NC and Wilmington all in the top 20 of inbound moves based on population and NC is the 2nd most popular state.  None of this should surprise anyone who lives here with all the New York, NJ, Florida, California tags I am seeing around town.

Charlotte is a top moving destination in 2020. But this small North Carolina city tops the list. - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

OT: I loved my time living in Greenville and would seriously consider moving back there. 

Congratulations to Charlotte, Raleigh, Wilmington and Greenville for making the list.

• Like 3

Great news for Charlotte and NC in general.  Maybe as retailers look at profitable markets to expand into, some of these "elusive" brands that are being coveted might now be a reality....let's see what 2021 holds.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article248152190.html

• Like 1

One more thing on this being selected State  of the Year by an economic development pub Business Facilities it is a big thing believe me. 

read WRAL Techwire recap of that and of biosciences expansions in NC over $2 Billion none in the Charlotte area but great for the state primarily in Raleigh Durham area 

North Carolina earns 2020 'State of Year' honor from economic development magazine | WRAL TechWire

• Like 1

Hello All - If I'm a small, NYC-based Investment Business, looking to open a 2nd headquarters in the southeast with a technology focus, what reports should I collect and review that rank/score various cities based on the quality of and availability of Technology Talent?  Also, if any of these reports have compensation levels in these various cities for mid-level  tech professionals, i.e. 10+ years experience, that would be extraordinary.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RANYC said:

Hello All - If I'm a small, NYC-based Investment Business, looking to open a 2nd headquarters in the southeast with a technology focus, what reports should I collect and review that rank/score various cities based on the quality of and availability of Technology Talent?  Also, if any of these reports have compensation levels in these various cities for mid-level  tech professionals, i.e. 10+ years experience, that would be extraordinary.

CBRE does a great technology report each year.  Here you go

2020 Scoring Tech Talent | CBRE   this report is widely read and has the kind of information you are looking for.

• Like 3