The Good News Report

atlrvr

57 minutes ago, DownEast said:

Centene is all I can come up with. 

Credit Karma did a pretty big lease in Ballantyne's newest building around 90-100K sq ft but Centene's new office is by far the largest suburban lease.  But with uptown and Southend and creative office space in NoDa and FreeMoreWest all is some of the most expensive space in the area.  Some tenants wont pay that so suburban locations will still snag a lot of leases.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, atlrvr said:

Giant NY HQ'd law firm Greenberg Traurig just hired it's first Partner (and opened a new office) in Charlotte.  I was somewhat shocked to see this, but they are the highest ranked firm by revenue on the Amlaw 200 list to open a Charlotte office at #16 on that list.  (none of the top 15 law firms have a Charlotte office).

Looks like temporary office in SouthPark area for now, but they have plans to add attorneys here, and I assume lease higher profile office space.

That is pretty interesting. It might start a cascade of a few others doing the same thing. They all compete.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BarrenLucidity said:

Which is interesting because as I understand it, the retirement taxation situation is less favorable than many other states. 

Our property taxes are overall lower than Florida as are our insurance bills.  If you are a high income retiree that gets huge pensions made NC is not the best but many people it is great.  

Our mild climate more affordable housing in both mountains and coast is a big attraction.  There are huge 55 and up communities all over the state not only around the big metro areas but around Wilmington and Brunswick county and lots of places in the mountains.  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Our property taxes are overall lower than Florida as are our insurance bills.  If you are a high income retiree that gets huge pensions made NC is not the best but many people it is great.  

Our mild climate more affordable housing in both mountains and coast is a big attraction.  There are huge 55 and up communities all over the state not only around the big metro areas but around Wilmington and Brunswick county and lots of places in the mountains.  

We got killed with taxes moving from Denver to here. We both have pensions and SS. Property taxes are like 2x as well. Plus the services are inferior. I think the western states have a big advantage by not being so old and having done a better job on buildings things to last.

35 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

That happens when you are a dryer climate, but the water and wildfire issues probably negate those differences.

Good point on the fires. I was going by the way the roads near our place were replaced and the higher end construction. I'm no expert at either but it just had a feel of really solid building along with extra cost features.

this is good news bad news type of story.   This is what $400,000 national home price buys all over the country and Charlotte falls about in the middle.

https://www.point2homes.com/news/us-real-estate-news/how-much-space-400000-buys-in-100-largest-u-s-cities.html

Look for Charlotte between right next to Bakersfield CA Raleigh get a little big bigger home Greenboro a lot bigger.  Nashville a smaller home Denver very small home California cities the coastal ones basically a 3 car garage size home. 

• Thanks 1