atlrvr

On 12/9/2022 at 5:20 PM, rancenc said:

Thanks Coop!  Cooper for President.

Edited by Phillydog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 3:55 PM, Windsurfer said:

All  those creative and beautiful decorations and we have traffic cones.

Good lord I thought the exact same thing!!.  That's Charlotte for yam... NO city can shine like Charlotte while keeping it a "little on the trashy side"...

• Like 2

Business Facilities an econ development publication names NC State of the Year in 2022 for its business expansion.

https://businessfacilities.com/2023/01/north-carolina-is-business-facilities-2022-state-of-the-year/

some may think these don't matter but they do.  consistently ranking at the top of such lists makes NC get noticed for all kinds of business expansion. 

these are good local economic indicators from the Charlotte Region Business Alliance

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYjc5OGJmNmYtZTk2OC00Yzk2LWIxMmYtNWRjMDQ3ZDI2NTYwIiwidCI6ImE0Yzc0NjYxLTU4ODItNDU4YS05NTQwLTkwYTEzYTAzZTQ1ZSIsImMiOjJ9&pageName=ReportSectionc73f32b9a682d3a366f2

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

Got the heads up that a new Best Buy distribution center will be opening up in July. It will be located near the Amazon warehouse near the airport, next to the I-85/485 interchange. Best Buy currently has a smaller warehouse located near NC 160 and Shopton, next to I-485. I’m guessing they’ll close this location once the new warehouse is open. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The good news is Charlotte is near the BOTTOM of this list.  The dirtiest cities in America.  Out of 152 looked out Charlotte is #141 the bottom 10%.

that is a good thing. 

https://www.lawnstarter.com/blog/studies/dirtiest-cities-in-united-states/

watch out for those rats in Boston, Philly and Baltimore 

and why so much trash per resident the other queen city of Cincy? 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

The good news is Charlotte is near the BOTTOM of this list.  The dirtiest cities in America.  Out of 152 looked out Charlotte is #141 the bottom 10%.

that is a good thing. 

https://www.lawnstarter.com/blog/studies/dirtiest-cities-in-united-states/

watch out for those rats in Boston, Philly and Baltimore 

and why so much trash per resident the other queen city of Cincy? 

Durham at 100 and Raleigh at 83.  Nasty. 

In all seriousness, they must not have driven around 485 or (insert any) on/off ramp in this entire city…

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turbocraig said:

Durham at 100 and Raleigh at 83.  Nasty. 

In all seriousness, they must not have driven around 485 or (insert any) on/off ramp in this entire city…

I get that but anybody I bring around Charlotte from out of town or out of the country they remark how clean the city is.   Roadside trash is a big problem in NC for sure. 

• Like 3

A lot of the trash along the interstates here are hidden under all the weeds / over growth nobody can access in the spring - fall, so everything looks fine during those seasons because the interstates just look like walls of green bushes.  Then the bushes die back in the winter and all the areas that were covered in kudzu are suddenly visible and you see all the trash all at once. 

Edited by CLT2014

3 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

A lot of the trash along the interstates here are hidden under all the weeds / over growth nobody can access in the spring - fall, so everything looks fine during those seasons because the interstates just look like walls of green bushes.  Then the bushes die back in the winter and all the areas that were covered in kudzu are suddenly visible and you see all the trash all at once. 

485 from 77 to Johnston Rd looks like you're driving through a landfill.  My aunt and uncle from SF came to stay with my parents a couple weeks ago and I drove out there for dinner one night while they were here and I thought, my God.  This is their first impression of the city right from the airport.  I know it's a state highway and their responsibility, but good God it's atrocious. 

• Like 3

I added this in the Light rail thread in a somewhat off topic post, so apologies for also adding here. Charlotte had the largest y/y % increase in office space in 2022 and second highest % under construction. The report of course manipulated statistics to drool over Austin, but Atlanta and Charlotte out punch their weight over almost everyone else. 

image.thumb.png.db702e42e8dfd28605fd4b96b2a9bc58.png 

image.thumb.png.382b9e21131fe66286e9eb601bac83ec.png

image.thumb.png.5127c866622189d517121a1ffbffdc5a.png

• Like 4